Hotjar (51-200 Employees, 123% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Hotjar is a privately owned and funded company that develops intuitive and disruptive research and optimization tools for web businesses.
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast. As part of our Engineering team, you’ll work on the exciting challenges that come with large-scale web traffic and analytics.
We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment, 100% remotely, and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. Our focus is on true transparency and respect.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Engineering Lead who is passionate about reliability at scale – someone who loves being part of a team, whilst enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely.
Experience in programming is required for this role (we use Python a lot), solid work experience with AWS and Kubernetes is required, and lots of ideas about monitoring and SLOs are beneficial. Experience working in a SaaS/Product company and a background in running reliable operations is also key.
- Contribute to the codebase and manage a team of Site Reliability Engineers.
- Be part of the on-call rotation and oversee our incident response program.
- Help achieve your team’s projects, through creating a framework of responsibility and optimizing your team’s performance.
- Help steer debates into quick decisions and communicate important team changes to the relevant audience through the appropriate channels.
- Coach, mentor, and further develop engineers on your team, within an open and inclusive environment. Provide consistent feedback to your team with a focus on developing and helping unblock them.
- Work with other team leads across the department to identify and build on improvements to our processes and systems.
- Report directly to your Director of Engineering and work with them on hiring and capacity planning.
- 5+ years working in a DevOps environment and 1+ year(s) managing at least one inclusive, cross-functional team in an agile environment (3+ engineers).
- Strong working knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform and Python.
- Experience setting and reviewing SLOs.
- Experience leading complex infrastructure projects and migrations, continuously improve the reliability of Hotjar engineering as a whole.
- An engineer who prefers simple solutions, and is naturally empathetic working style with team members.
- Your workload is guided by data and metrics.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €75,000 to €100,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
We also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the annual leave and Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar is an equal opportunity workplace, passionate about creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive team, and a safe working environment. We are allies to those underrepresented, and we believe the only path to a diverse set of perspectives is an environment that thrives on diversity – our team embodies this daily, and we’re hopeful our candidates will bring even more unique and powerful perspectives.