Trove (51-200 Employees, 120% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About Trove Recommerce
Recognized by FastCo in 2022 as one of the World Changing Ideas Awards and in 2020 as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, Trove powers resale as a channel for the world’s most beloved brands, extending the life of millions of products and creating more inclusive, less wasteful business models. We power the technology, operations, and analytics enabling retailers to stand up a scalable and profitable branded recommerce channel.
Our end-to-end item intelligence optimizes every step of the circular journey and transforms complex logistics into a joyful customer experience, adding to brand equity without increasing carbon emissions. Building and implementing this technology can’t come soon enough, resale is growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 21 times the rate of traditional retail **.
A certified B-Corp, we power in-store and online retail for leaders such as Patagonia, REI, Eileen Fisher, Arc’teryx, Lululemon, Levi’s, and Allbirds with the mission of accelerating the shift to a new era of conscious commerce essential to a sustainable future.
**Source: The Consumers Behind Fashion’s Growing Secondhand Market, BCG, 2020. Source: Trove Data
About the Software Architect
You have a passion for building robust software, analyzing complex problems, and designing solutions for a wide variety of challenges related to inventory management and logistics. You will ensure that technical resilience, extensibility, and sustainability is sewn into the fabric of our product suite. You will be successful in this role if you are highly detail-oriented, collaborative, and able to effectively guide communication toward actionable results. This role enjoys plenty of heads-down time on technical and analytical activities while balancing person-to-person interactions with team members.
You will be successful here if you…
- Are passionate about delivering well-built software at startup speeds
- Are curious, communicative, and have conviction, yet flexible
- Have a high sense of accountability, and love big challenges
- Hold yourself and others to high technical standards in software design, architecture, and implementation
- Have a healthy capacity to both accept and provide critique
- Are humble, diligent, and have a sense of humor
In this role you will …
- Meet and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to establish project scope, system goals, and requirements
- Translate product requirements into highly technical specifications and facilitate understanding between stakeholders and engineering teams
- Develop, analyze, prioritize, and organize technical specifications, data mapping, diagrams, and flowcharts for developers and testers to follow
- Design robust solutions across problem domains with a focus on efficiency, extensibility and scalability
- Provide technical leadership and architectural oversight on complex projects
- Contribute to the evaluation and recommendation of new technologies
- Assist in incident response escalations and retrospectives to identify opportunities for operational improvement
- Raise organizational awareness of established best practices, relevant emerging technologies and trends
- Promote consistent use of high-quality engineering practices related to security, scalability, resilience, maintainability, and system performance
As for necessities, you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- Excellent analytical skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant software solutions
- Significant software or solutions architecture experience on internet-facing platforms
- Experience with logistics and/or e-commerce business models
- Strong background in hands-on software development, including source control and release strategies
- Deep experience with relational data modeling and database design, including data partitioning and performance optimization
- Solid documentation and written communication skills, including diagramming and technical writing
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience working in start-up or high-growth environments
- Experience collaborating with design, cross-functional stakeholders and product teams to make the complex simple for users
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and mentor junior members
Bonus points if you have…
- Interest in sustainability
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Experience with cloud providers and cloud-native workloads
- Working knowledge of agile/scrum/kanban and common SDLC processes
- Familiarity with CI/CD practices and tooling
- A well-honed architectural aesthetic
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company but we don’t want to stop there. We strive to be an anti-racist company and we believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our full potential. At Trove we are building a company where we are not only proud of our mission, but how we are pursuing it. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status and we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Trove requires all employees to provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment, subject to exemptions for sincerely held religious beliefs, or medical reasons.