Amazon (501+ Employees, 130% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Interested in joining a brand new Ads initiative as a founding team member? It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to introduce a brand new game-changing Amazon Ads service. The initiative involves working on complex engineering, machine learning, and integrator and advertiser-experience problems. Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and, now, we are responsible for defining and delivering a brand new set of self-service advertising products that drive discovery and sales.
As an experienced Software Engineer you will:
* Build services that power the ad delivery of billions of ad impressions.
• Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
• Lead the design of large components, get hands dirty and write code, and ultimately deploy successful enterprise-level systems that can be leveraged for a broad set of business use cases.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions that demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment.
• Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations.
• Drive innovation through proof of concepts to spin-off new initiatives.
• Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
• Leverage knowledge of internal and industry prior art in design decisions.
• Work effectively with product development and engineering teams across multiple geographies.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++ or C# including Object-Oriented design.
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and current systems.
• Familiarity with Pay for performance Ad model and the Internet advertisement industry is a plus.
• Solid understanding of system performance and efficiency.
• Strong communication skills.
• Familiar with building applications with AWS
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.