PagerDuty (501+ Employees, 45% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Why We Need You
Do you relish the opportunity to design, build and run mission critical applications? Do you want to get the attention of hundreds of thousands of engineers and technology leaders around the globe 24/7 so they can fix problems? Yes? Then read on to find out more about what makes PagerDuty a great place to be an Engineer!
As a Senior Software Engineer at PagerDuty, you’ll be part of a fast-moving, high-performing, and innovative team tackling some of the most interesting problems in the company.
Not sure if you should apply at this point? Whether you’re a customer of PagerDuty, curious about the product, heard good things about our culture or never even HEARD about our solution before, we invite you to apply so we can tell you more about us and how you can solve for what’s next and build the future of PagerDuty!
Our ENG teams own several pieces of the PagerDuty platform and are hiring aggressively across the board, no matter your background we can help you find a team that's right for you and your career goals.
- From day one, you’ll be designing, coding, testing and shipping backend applications or micro-services, APIs or front-end interfaces that ensure we deliver secure, highly reliable and scalable solutions to our customers.
- Tell us what we should do! Bring your experience to us and help make essential team and company related decisions that will shape PagerDuty for years to come
- Since we own and operate what we build, you’ll collaborate closely with engineers across teams.
- With 14,000+ global customers and growing, you’ll be solving really interesting technical challenges while helping to scale our product to keep up with demand.
- Participating in your team’s on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise.
Skills and Attributes
- You have a track record of stepping up and leading successful engineering projects.
- You’ve had experience designing & implementing distributed and highly available systems, and have opinions about what works and what doesn’t at the team and company level
- You are comfortable with loosely defined requirements where you exercise your analytical skills to clarify questions, share your approach and collaborate with the rest of the team/ENG organization to build/test elegant solutions.
- You have a desire to stay ahead of the latest industry trends and technologies, a track record of sharing contributions to the wider engineering community and a commitment to continuous learning.
- You have experience coaching and mentoring others.
- You have an understanding of the importance of empathy: you should have an open mind to others – no matter how senior or junior they are.
- You have a calm, assertive approach to diagnosing and fixing urgent problems.
- 8+ years of experience designing, building, and operating large systems with scalability, availability, and performance requirements.
- Development experience working on customer-facing and web-based systems.
- Development experience with front-end technologies such as react, ember or vue.js.
- Mastery of at least one web programming framework (e.g. Ruby on Rails, Phoenix/Elixir, Python).
- Experience working in an agile environment with iterative development and fast feedback.
- You have experience with the AWS cloud ecosystem.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
We are dedicated to providing a culture where our people are happy, enabled and inspired to do their best. One of the ways we do this is by developing a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports employees and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave – up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid employee volunteer time – 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days – scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty – a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a global leader in digital operations management, serving over 14,000 customers and 850,000 users worldwide, including 65% of the Fortune 100.
For the teams who build and run digital systems, PagerDuty is the best way to manage the urgent, mission-critical work that is essential to keeping digital services always on. We make it easy to handle any unplanned task, event, or opportunity, right away.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities. We are Great Place to Work-certified™ and our product is top rated in its category on TrustRadius.
From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.