Square (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Block’s Information Security culture is focused on enabling our engineering teams to build and ship secure products. We achieve this by designing, building, and deploying state of the art security alongside our product and infrastructure teams.
The AWS Security team is responsible for finding and solving the biggest security risks facing our engineers when they use the cloud. As an engineering team ourselves, we do this by building paved roads and guardrails. We believe that the secure option should also be the easiest option for our users. We’re looking for someone with experience building software in the cloud and a desire to grow their careers into cloud security.
As a member of the AWS Security team, you will:
- Build the security components of the next phase of Block’s cloud, shaping how we use it for years to come.
- Build automation to help us discover, measure and contextualize security issues.
- Partner with platform teams to deliver solutions that permanently solve entire categories of security risk.
- Be responsible for producing quality software that stands the test of time.
- Work remotely or in any North American Block office.
- 2+ years of software engineering experience in a scripting language, preferably Python or Ruby
- Familiarity developing software for cloud native or serverless platforms (AWS Lambda, CodeBuild, Kubernetes)
- Strong desire to grow your career into cloud security
- Experience using infrastructure as code tools like Terraform or CloudFormation
Concepts and technologies we use and teach:
- AWS and its suite of security services (CloudTrail, Config, IAM, Access Analyzer)
- Measuring and managing cloud security risks
- IaC Security: Terraform, Checkov
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.