Twilio (501+ Employees, 108% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we’re headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We’re on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we’re looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio Flex is a programmable cloud contact center platform that enables critically important customer communications for businesses such as Lyft, Shopify and many others. We are seeking a Software Development Engineer to join our globally distributed Flex R&D organization. As a member of the Flex team, you will work closely with a group of talented engineers towards implementing and delivering the next generation of Twilio Flex!
In this role, you’ll:
- Collaborate with the engineering team and architects, design appropriate solutions that satisfy scale, latency and reliability requirements.
- Work with the product stakeholders on defining the functional and non-functional requirements, as well as distilling the requirements and customer use cases into architecture, technical design, and code.
- Own development of new API’s and significant new features end-to-end.
- Ensure great developer experiences for developers worldwide.
- Collaborate with other Flex teams based in Tallinn, Prague and London and other Twilio teams that are globally distributed.
- Championing testing standard methodologies and engineering efficiency. Adopt engineering best practices to deliver, secure, maintainable and scalable software.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 1+ years of Software Engineering experience, building, scaling and maintaining backend services.
- Proficiency with the Java programming language.
- Hands-on experience writing clean and testable code.
- Hands-on experience with SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Well versed understanding on using REST APIs.
- Strong communication skills. Desire to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, possibly distributed teams. Ability to work with your team towards common goals.
- Basic understanding of microservice and event driven architectures.
- Experience with AWS services (DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, SQS, S3), as well as Docker, Terraform is a plus.
- Experience with Kafka is a plus.
- Experience with Typescript and desire to extend the expertise to the client-side engineering is a plus.
This role will be based in Tallinn.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That’s why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you’re ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].