Thrive Global (501+ Employees, 19% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Thrive is a leading behavior change technology company founded by Arianna Huffington in 2016 with the mission to end the stress and burnout epidemic. Thrive has spent over five years cracking the code on habit formation and behavior change, delivering its solutions to customers on a best-in-class B2B SaaS platform made up of science-backed Microsteps, real-time stress interventions, storytelling, and community. The company has deployed this continuous, real-time behavior change experience across its customer base, helping employees at over 125 organizations in more than 140 countries improve well-being, mental resilience and productivity.
Frontend Engineers on Thrive product teams will build out support for surveys, reporting, multi-step wellness plans, settings, profile management, integrations, intra-office challenges, and much more. We strive to reuse as much frontend work as possible across mobile, web, chat, conference, and call centers.
If you’re not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but this sounds like a role you would Thrive in – we want you to apply! We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Who You Are:
- A combined passion for great user experience and API design
- Experience shipping high-quality products from start to finish
- Empathy, a collaborative spirit, and the ability to work effectively with a team
- A desire to work closely with developers who depend on your libraries to deliver customer value
- An appreciation for the importance of good documentation – internal and external
- Attention to detail, especially around performance, accessibility, reliability, and security
How You'll Contribute:
- Build user-facing experiences for Thrive to realize its vision to fight burnout globally with small, meaningful interventions. Take a complex (and stressful) workplace, like an oil rig, for example. When operators introduced safety moments (practical, context-dependent moments to focus on health and safety), it had a massive impact on worker health.
- Make it easy for customers to onboard with Thrive, engage their workforce, and use insights to inform decisions at a global scale.
- Build an extensible platform where it becomes easy to support additional Thrive features and tasks
- Develop micro-frontends using single-spa with TypeScript, React and GraphQL.
Who you’ll work with:
- Francois Ward, Director of Engineering, is leading the Frontend Platform team with the mission to enable Thrive’s engineers to build world-class user experiences as efficiently as possible with tools that are a joy to use.
- Alan Fitzpatrick, Tech Lead for the Thrive Pulse team, is helping give people vision into the stress and burnout of their employees, and identify targeted interventions to improve well-being.
- Michael Joyce, Tech Lead for the Thrive Today, is helping inspire our customers with daily guidance toward healthy habits.
What’s it like to work at Thrive?
Thrive is helping people fight burnout in their personal and professional lives by facilitating small but consistent changes in behavior to regain a sense of calm, connection, and control. Thrive makes it easy to start, run, and scale employee programs anywhere in the world.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help others in the short-term, and to push them to improve over the long-term (by helping them get better at what they do).
What We Offer:
- Being part of a mission-driven company that’s truly making a difference in the lives of people around the world
- Ability to develop within the company and shape our growth strategy
- A human-centric culture with a range of wellness perks and benefits
- A competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental and vision coverage + 401k program with company match
- Generous paid time-off programs
Thrive is deeply committed to creating a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment so that all employees can bring their whole selves to work.
Thrive is proud to ensure equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Thrive is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Thrive’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.