Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we don’t plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately can’t help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24×7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
Starburst is looking for Full-Stack Engineers to work on our growing global engineering team, specifically building out our Mission Control product. This product allows users and administrators to build and maintain Trino environments quickly and easily, and is a key offering for our customers.
Our team features very strong software engineering talent, with years of full stack development experience. As a Full-Stack Engineer you’ll be designing and implementing our Mission Control product, building functionality and scalability into every level as part of a dynamic and fun team. Daily tasks may include developing product features, supporting a production product, or building tools to help our products perform in a cloud-based environment.
- Design and develop components to Starburst’s Mission Control product, including a comprehensive SaaS platform
- Lead projects from concept to completion
- Write tests and contribute to ongoing automation infrastructure development
- Collaborate with teams globally across multiple time zones and operate in an Agile development environment
- Provide exceptional customer support for both internal and external customers
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment on a growing team with limitless potential
- A passion for Software Engineering and interest in all phases of the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Significant experience developing RESTful backend services in Java
- Proficiency using front-end frameworks such as React, Angular or Backbone
- Comfortable with modern HTML and CSS technology stack
- Demonstrated experience with good engineering practices and software craftsmanship.
- Hands-on experience with scripting languages
- Appreciation for maintainable, working, high quality software.
- Developing SaaS applications
- AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Hadoop, Spark, Docker
- Usability and user experience
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.