Assembled (51-200 Employees, 344% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Assembled is building the operating system for support teams. Today, our workforce management product helps some of the most customer-centric brands (Stripe, Betterment, and Everlane, to name a few) deliver responsive and empathetic customer experiences. Come help us build for the teams who are quietly carrying their companies each day, and for the customers who just want answers. You’ll be joining a special group of people who learned the ropes at companies like Stripe, Google, Palantir, Atlassian, Twitter, Airbnb, Looker, NEA, Bain, and more!
We're a scrappy team that believes in crafting high-quality software that solves real, day-to-day problems.
We’ve been fortunate to serve a fast-growing user base. In 2021 alone, we’re serving >3x the number of customers and an order of magnitude more support agents. To support this demand, we’ve had to rework critical components of our infrastructure.
Some examples include improving our caching to deliver millions of real-time, user-facing metrics or building data pipelines to support ML models that predict volume and generate staffing requirements. This team might be right for you if:
- You have extensive cloud computing knowledge, from storage, to compute, to networking, to deploying. Our team uses primarily AWS for this, so prior experience in AWS would be a plus but not required
- You have built large scale continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
- You have orchestrated and managed large scale data platforms such as Airflow, Kafka, or Jenkins
- You have built a wide range of developer tools and systems that can help enable product engineers to safely and efficiently ship out new features, such as end to end testing, canary deploys, automatic regressions testing.
- Ensure site stability: At any given time, this might mean addressing server resource issues, resolving network outages, or investigating database performance regressions. You would be helping us enhance every facet of our infrastructure, from the barebones machine monitoring to designing alert flows so that the right teams can be notified of issues.
- Improve developer tooling: With experience at companies like Airbnb and Stripe, we understand the causal link between infrastructure and product velocity. We’re investing in scaling our code base and adding developer tools to balance shipping code quickly with high code quality and site reliability.
- Deploy and maintain high-leverage systems: We utilize systems like PostgreSQL as our primary data store, Redis for caching, Amazon SQS for queueing, Grafana for monitoring, and more. You will be responsible for the full portfolio of systems, including scoping and deploying new ones (e.g. Kubernetes or Docker) as well as maintaining, deprecating, and/or refactoring usage patterns of the existing systems.
- Design high throughput data ingestion pipelines: At our core, we are a data analysis company. Every day we sync millions of ticket and agent states data, and on top of that we compute derived metrics on this data. You would help us up level our existing metrics pipelines so we can support the ever growing throughput of data ingestion.
- Wear many hats: In addition to writing and reviewing code, you'll find yourself talking to users, planning the roadmap, brainstorming positioning, interviewing future teammates, and collaborating with the Business team on product releases and launches.
- 5+ years of experience building and maintaining infrastructure components and services at scale
- Track record of delivering complex, cross-functional projects to improve process and reliability
- Experience scaling relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- Experience with the inner workings of Linux, containerized environments, and container orchestration technologies
- Proficiency with Go (preferred) or some other backend language
Our team continues to grow and we are looking for new members to help us transform and elevate customer support. Our values are: act like a support agent, bias towards action, and 1% better each day! We support our team by offering the following benefits:
- $100 Community Support Agriculture (CSA) credit
- $50 Assembled user credit
- $100 professional development/general wellness (fitness, mental health, or professional development)
- 401K through Guideline
- Dental insurance through Principal
- Health insurance through Anthem
- Parental leave
- One time $300 credit for improving your home workspace