Heap (201-500 Employees, 59% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Heap is a platform that provides analytics infrastructure to reduce the annoying parts of user analytics.
Heap’s mission is to power business decisions with truth. We’re building software and infrastructure to automatically capture customer interactions on web and mobile applications, make sense of them, and make them actionable for anyone. We want to enable everyone to understand their millionth customer as well as they understood their first.
We’re looking for front end developers to help us take our Integrations and Data Warehouse user experiences to the next level! The Integrations and Connect teams are responsible for moving data in and out of the Heap platform, to customers and partners, via webhooks, RESTful APIs, data warehouses and other streaming technologies. Heap automatically collects billions of user generated events per day, and the Integrations and Connect teams are core to Heap’s mission of turning insight into action. If you love the idea of building great user experiences for mission critical backend systems, this is the perfect job for you.
We’re a distributed team and we’re open to remote engineers in time zones that overlap with our teams.
Integrations: Continental US (PT to ET)
Connect: Eastern US and Europe (ET to GMT + 2)
What we’re building
- Our next generation Integration Platform – An extensible platform is at the center of delivering high quality, predicable, and supportable integrations, in a rapid fashion – and this includes user experiences
- Self Serve and Visualization Tools. These teams are making major investments in great user experiences to enable our customer to turn insight into action.
- Reusable component library – Working with other frontend-facing product teams, we’re building reusable components that can be used across our entire data-ecosystem
What we’re looking for
- Experience building and shipping web apps in a cross-functional team, working with design and product. For this role, we’re looking for 3+ years of relevant web development experience.
- A collaborative and intellectually curious approach to software development. You enjoy learning from and teaching others, and aren’t afraid of asking lots of questions.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in writing. We’re a distributed team all over the world, so we pride ourselves on our ability to communicate complex ideas clearly in writing across the team.
- Experience across the stack with any modern web framework. Familiarity with parts of our stack is a plus (React, Node.js, TypeScript, PostgreSQL).
- Interest or familiarity with backend technologies is a plus (REST APIs, Node, etc.)
- Experience with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing.
- We aren’t expecting you to know everything! One of our core values is Emphasize Slope Over Y-Intercept, so we are always looking for candidates eager to learn new technologies.