Syllable (51-200 Employees, 68% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Use your engineering skills and experience to have impact and help people every day. Syllable is growing and seeks a Software Engineer passion for large, distributed, high-reliability systems to join us and improve life for millions of people.
The Syllable tech stack spans cloud services, high availability telephony and automation systems, knowledge and data systems, and more. Syllable builds tons of technology – we design, train and deploy custom AI for healthcare, build state-of-the-art speech recognition and audio processing, automate the phone and web for healthcare, and more.
A Syllable Software Engineer will
- Build technology that is used by millions of people for healthcare and help scale Syllable for the next 10x and 100x growth.
- Have ownership over technical systems, make decisions about technology to build and use.
- Be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from concept to landing
- Design, build, and maintain systems and APIs to power Syllable products
- Work in a cross-functional team (engineering, product, operations, customer) to develop new products and features
- Mentor other engineers and lead technical projects
Moving fast is part of our culture and that includes hiring. We provide updates within 24hrs of all interviews and can complete the entire process in just a few days.
- A track record of building and landing software products
- Significant experience building modern cloud-based applications, ideally in Python
- CS degree or equivalent experience
- A passion for positive impact
- Great to have one or more of:
- Experience building HIPAA compliant healthcare software
- Experience building software for, and powered by, large datasets
- Experience with NLP and conversational AI
- Experience with low-latency web apps
- Experience with telephony or healthcare systems
- Experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with ElasticSearch
The Syllable team comprises healthcare and technology experts that are passionate about product design, engineering, and operational excellence. Our investors include OakHC/FT, Section 32 and Verily/Alphabet. We are lifelong learners, ending each day together with the question: “What did we learn today and what can we do better?” We show up with humility and a collaborative spirit every day, because we are tackling an important yet challenging problem in healthcare that requires talent and grit.
We offer our employees competitive salary and equity and the following benefits:
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance comparable to major technology companies
- 100% reimbursed mental health benefit
- 15 vacation days plus 10 company holidays
- Career coaching for every employee