Oportun (501+ Employees, 76% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Artificial Intelligence and a digital platform are essential to our ability to fulfill Oportun’s financially inclusive mission. The Technology team @ Oportun is dedicated to this mission which we enable by creating, delivering, and maintaining elegant, intuitive, and performant systems to support the needs of our customers and business partners.
In this newly created opportunity, Oportun is looking for a Software Engineer, Test, with a passion for designing and implementing test procedures to ensure that software program works as intended. You will ensure that products perform to specifications before being released. You will work closely with multiple teams to develop test automation scripts and solutions for the applications developed. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
As a Software Engineer, Test, you will
- Work with other engineers to develop automation and test products and applications used by team on daily basis
- Play a significant role in the ongoing evolution and refinement of current products and platforms through one or more of
- functional testing (manual and automation)
- execution and automation of regression tests
- design and execution of performance tests.
- Help triage, troubleshoot, escalate and provide resolution to production issues.
- Document and escalate product defects to the Engineering Team.
- Identify and escalate priority issues that need immediate attention.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams which requires strong presentation skills and attention to details
- 5-8 years professional experience in quality assurance or/and software application development.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Java (TestNG), Selenium Webdriver (Grid, parallel, SauceLabs), frontend and backend test automation.
- Strong in writing SQL queries
- Ability to perform both Manual and Automated Testing
- Experience working with Git repositories.
- Working knowledge in different browsers and operating systems
- Must possess excellent written/oral communication and organizational skills with the ability to work within a growing company with increasing needs.
- Experience with setting up Test Strategies for large scale applications
- Must possess a comprehensive understanding of the Software Development Process, QA best practices and methodologies
- Efficient in testing using UI and RESTAPI’s.
- Experience in the following:
- UI Automation experience – preferably with Protractor or similar framework
- REST API Automated Testing using Java, TestNG, RestAssured or similar.
- CI/CD via Jenkins or similar
- Tools like Jira or similar, Confluence – Wiki, Jenkins – CI tool, Eclipse/IntelliJ, Maven, Visual Studio code
- SQL/Database testing
- Batch Process Testing
Oportun (Nasdaq: OPRT) is an A.I.-powered digital banking platform that seeks to make financial health effortless for anyone. Driven by a mission to provide inclusive and affordable financial services, Oportun helps its nearly 1.5 million hardworking members meet their daily borrowing, savings, banking, and investing needs. Since inception, Oportun has provided more than $12 billion in responsible and affordable credit, saved its members more than $2 billion in interest and fees, and automatically helped members set aside more than $7.2 billion for rainy days and other needs. In recognition of its responsibly designed products, Oportun has been certified as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) since 2009.
With headquarters in California and a remote-first corporate culture, our 3,000+ team members work in Oportun locations and remotely throughout the United States, Mexico, and India.u202f Our global operations include our Mexico contact centers and administrative offices, our India technology development center, and our US corporate, technology, and retail operations.
We are proud to have been named a “Top Workplace” by the Bay Area News Group for three consecutive years, one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World for 2020 and recognized as one of TIME Magazine’s 2018 Genius Companies Reinventing the Future.
WORKING AT OPORTUN
Working at Oportun means enjoying a differentiated experience of being part of a team that fosters a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where we all feel a sense of belonging and are encouraged to share our perspectives. This inclusive culture is directly connected to our organization's performance and ability to fulfill our mission of delivering affordable credit to those left out of the financial mainstream. We celebrate and nurture our inclusive culture through our employee resource groups and our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Council.
As a “remote-first” workplace, our team members live, work and collaborate from their homes, remote work locations and our offices and contact centers in the United States, Mexico, and India. No matter our location, we are dedicated to our mission to provide inclusive, affordable financial services that empower our customers to build a better future.