HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
At HashiCorp, we have used the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
About the Role
We build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Vagrant, and Packer. Alongside of that, we deploy enterprise products for each in a variety of different ways: licensed and unlicensed binaries, appliances to public cloud platforms, and hosted SaaS platforms. Our products help organizations of all sizes run any infrastructure for any application.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join the Vault Ecosystem team and focus on developing the core subsystems in Vault. You will help design, prototype, and implement core features while ensuring the scalability and stability of Vault.
This person will be a part of the Vault engineering team at HashiCorp, working to provide a fantastic and broadly used secrets tool for businesses and individuals handling all sizes and types of infrastructure.
You can learn more about the Vault product with our Co-Founder & CTO by watching this video here: Introduction to HashiCorp Vault with Armon Dadgar
In this role, you can expect to:
- Guide the technical approach and architecture of Vault
- Help contribute to the Vault community by providing code review, mentorship, and support to HashiCorp employees, community members, and partners
- Advocate and support improvements to Vault APIs and core to improve development and integration of tools and plugins
- Work on issues and improvements critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have experience in a programming language like Go, Java, or Python
- You like writing programs that can be understood by their users
- Experience working with distributed software within a linux environment
- Experience with customer support or OSS community support to help work with the Vault community
- Experience operating and maintaining production systems in a public cloud environment
- Expertise in one or more of the major public clouds
- Familiar with infrastructure management concepts
- Working understanding of commonly-used security technologies
- Experience using Vault
In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and on the Vault team in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.