MessageBird (501+ Employees, 70% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Transform the communications world!
We’re proud (and excited!) to be transforming the global communications landscape through our Omnichannel Platform-as-a-Service (OPaaS).
What You’ll Do in This Role to Add Value
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager for Email Analytics, you will be responsible for leading and developing a fully-remote software engineering team, including directing, coordinating, and exercising authority for planning, organization, leadership, and completion of software projects. For multi-team implementations; you will coordinate with other Engineering Managers to achieve a cohesive multi-team technical solution and with timely delivery.
- Lead a team of 5+ engineers
- Actively coach & mentor junior/mid-level/senior employees with a focus on career development and growth.
- Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Principals and Team Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities. Ensure there is a balance between shipping features and building a reliable product.
- Establish development best practices to ensure the team produces high quality, well architected code.
- Build high performance, high-velocity teams, measuring and iterating on processes as we grow and evolve as a business.
- Set the right balance between finding opportunities for the team to learn/improve, and shipping products on time.
- Set goals and directions for teams and team members, based on top-down goals & objectives and track progress against them.
- Run the team including key meetings such as standups, backlog refinement, and retros.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- A passion for leading people and helping others grow and succeed.
- 3+ years as a hands-on lead or manager of a 5+ member team
- 6+ years of hands on software development and system design experience; preferably using Amazon Web Services
- Experience in one or more programming languages/frameworks, including but not limited to; Node.js, Angular, React and Sql
- Experience building and deploying high quality, highly reliable, scalable enterprise software products in a team environment.
- Experience with DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous
- Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and automated unit/functional testing, microservices, and containers to rapidly deliver working code to production.
- Exposure to good SDLC practices from requirements gathering through to delivery
SparkPost, a MessageBird Company, is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.
What You’ll Gain
- Remote-friendly environment
- Generous stock options for all Birds
- WFH set-up budget
- State-of-the-art work gear
- Learn from hundreds of the best minds in the business
- Collaborate with diverse colleagues from over 55 countries (and counting)
Life at MessageBird
We call ourselves Birds!
We work fast, grow fast, build fast and focus on impact. We’re go-getters, industry leaders and roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We’re smart, fast, and hungry. Our potential for growth is limitless.
Ready To Fly?
Our cloud communications solutions make it possible for over 25,000 businesses to instantly connect with billions of devices worldwide, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Wherever and however you do your best work – we’ve got you covered!
Headquartered in Amsterdam and with global offices in Singapore, London and Maryland, we’re proud to be a remote-friendly company nested in flexibility. Employees can choose to work from one of our global offices, fully remotely in your country of employment, or a mix of the two. Our unique and united culture is rooted in our team: a diverse flock of over 850 Birds who represent 55 nationalities and counting.
MessageBird is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Recruitment Privacy Statement: