GameChanger (51-200 Employees, 78% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We believe in the life-changing impact of youth sports because they encourage leadership, teamwork, responsibility, and confidence—important life lessons that have the power to propel our youth toward meaningful futures. We recognize that without coaches, parents, and volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. By connecting kids and families through the medium of sports, we celebrate those dedicated heroes and make it our mission to cover every youth athlete like a pro by delivering live video streaming, scorekeeping, and team communication tools to over 550,000 youth sports teams.
So if you love sports, or building cool products is your sport, GameChanger is the team for you. We are a remote-first, dynamic tech company based in New York City, and we are solving some of the biggest challenges in youth sports today.
GameChanger’s newly formed Foundation Team enables GameChanger engineers to deliver great products on a secure, stable, and scalable platform. As the engineering manager for this team, you’ll help build and manage the team, as well as organize and drive initiatives in the DevOps/SRE, Cloud, and Information Security spaces. The foundation team has ownership of our AWS environment, CI/CD pipelines and deployment tooling, disaster recovery, and leads other projects to improve GameChanger’s developer efficiency as well as our cloud and security maturity. This empowered team will work collaboratively with other platform and software engineering teams and engineering leaders to gather feedback, review designs, and proactively improve the foundation that engineering builds upon. An excellent communicator, you’ll provide the vision, priorities, and drive day to day work for the team. You will be a leader, a mentor, and occasional hands-on developer or solutions architect. You will report into our Director of Platform Engineering.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and manage a DevOps/InfoSec engineering team.
- Guide and drive the strategy, roadmap definition, prioritization, execution, and team building for the team.
- Work closely with other engineering teams and leaders to gather internal customer feedback and use it to influence the direction for the team.
- Envision, plan, and communicate initiatives to improve our cloud, devops, and information security maturity to support a scalable, reliable, and secure platform. Example projects might include implementing build compilation improvements, improving autoscaling and scalability via infrastructure or code changes, implementing code scanning in pipelines and integrating results into vulnerability management, improving cloud tagging and account strategy, adding cloud cost controls, etc.
- Promote responsible engineering practices across the whole engineering organization.
- Encourage engineers to contribute at the highest level and serve our customers.
- Work with leadership peers to refine and improve our innovative engineering culture.
- Help engineers gain technical breadth and depth, improve judgment, and develop into tomorrow’s leaders.
Who You Are:
- People management background.
- Several years of working and leading in the DevOps, Cloud Platform, or Information Security areas, including as a technical lead.
- Customer empathy for internal and external customers.
- Experience coding in a higher-level language such as Python or TypeScript/Node.js is beneficial.
- Knowledgeable about AWS services, patterns and best practices for resiliency, scalability, and security.
- Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps principles and patterns.
- Work remotely or from our well-furnished, modern office in NYC’s FiDi.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Technology stipend – $4,000 every 2 years to purchase new technology.
- Full health benefits – medical, dental, vision, prescription, FSA/HRA, etc., as well as coverage for family/dependents.
- Life insurance – basic life, supplemental life, and dependent life.
- Disability leave – short-term disability and long-term disability.
- Retirement savings – 401K plan offered through Vanguard, with a company match.
- Generous parental leave.
- Commuter benefits.
- DICK’S Sporting Goods Teammate Discount.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: All positions are approved to be fully remote. If you come into the corporate office, you will need to show proof of vaccination unless you have a valid medical/religious exemption.