Gfinity PLC (51-200 Employees, 14% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Remote role – flexibility on time zones – from GMT – 5 to GMT + 2 + 3
We are Gfinity! A world-renowned esports operator & technology company serving some of the largest brands on the planet – the Premier league, Formula1, Redbull, NVIDIA, Nintendo, and many more. Over the past 10 years, we’ve pioneered the world’s most powerful tournament platform able to serve hundreds of thousands of concurrent competitors across thousands of simultaneous events. We’re now using this foundational technology to create a fully self-serviced product for game studios and web publishers to leverage the power of competition to drive gamer retention, engagement, and value.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to oversee and coordinate engineering functions across sub-teams working within the same esports product.
The ideal candidate has experience leading a software engineering team, or overseeing multiple teams, has hands-on experience with Symfony framework (PHP), Vue, and Typescript, and has working knowledge of infrastructure, APIs, microservices, databases, etc. The ideal candidate also has a strong understanding of the agile workflow and experience with project management processes and tooling.
- Collect product and project requirements from multiple sources, collate, plan, and coordinate engineering efforts across multiple teams
- Liaise and collaborate with product managers, engineering team leads, and executive leadership on a regular basis
- Monitor and measure engineering progress, quality, and efficiency, and work with teams to recommend and implement improvements
- Assist with documenting processes and systems and developing onboarding protocols
- Provide engineering support when needed
- Review and approve pull requests along with team leads
- Participate in roadmapping, requirements planning, and sprint planning sessions
- Participate in the hiring process for future team members
- 7+ years as a software engineer in PHP, Vue, or both with 1+ year working as an engineering manager, or 2+ years working as a team lead
- Demonstratable experience managing software engineering projects
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure, particularly AWS
- Hands-on experience with Docker
- Hands-on experience with writing tests, test tooling, coverage targets, etc.
- Working knowledge of database systems
- Experience with cache mechanics and systems (such as Cloudflare)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong capability to work cross-functionally
- Experience with data-driven decision making
- Experience with software engineering KPIs – what and how to track, and how to utilize the information to maximize team productivity
- Experience with assimilating outside inputs such as customer requests into core product requirements
- Familiarity with project management processes and tooling such as ClickUp, JIRA, etc.
- Hands-on experience with PHP 8.0+, Symfony 6, Vue3, Vite, and Typescript
- Hands-on experience with UI kits
- Hands-on experience writing complex SQL queries
- Experience with NoSQL
- Engineering experience in the gaming industry
- Engineering experience with SaaS/PaaS companies
- Familiarity with esports
We are striving to create a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage all applicants to apply for our roles and not for a moment think that anything will make us discriminate against them. We value and actively seek diverse talent!
Get to know us better: