At Kit Check, our mission is to create groundbreaking medication intelligence solutions that increase efficiency, safety and visibility for health systems and pharmaceutical manufacturers. We empower stakeholders to deliver the right medicine to the right patient at the right time, every time. We are a venture-backed, high growth healthcare technology company with a start-up ‘vibe’ and over 800 customers tracking medications using our proven solutions.
Kit Check is looking for an Engineering Manager to help us redefine and grow our suite of healthcare data products to further the company’s mission of “Medication Intelligence”. Our hundreds of customers rely on us to keep their patients safe and their pharmacies running smoothly while delighting them with every release.
This Engineering Manager will lead our Kit Check inventory management (RFID-based) product that is Kit Check’s largest product by revenue. Currently managing inventory in more than 800 hospitals, Kit Check is the market leading RFID management solution. Our product helps our customers save time on manual tasks, ensure accurate restocking, increase patient safety, and realize substantial cost savings through inventory optimization. The Engineering Manager will work closely with our product and design teams, as well as our hardware device teams to ensure a high quality product for our customers, and a great environment for our engineers.
You can expect to:
- Manage and develop the team through hiring, coaching, and continuous improvement
- Drive company, product, and team OKRs
- Establish standards of high-quality work
- Be hands-on with development, when not working with the team to get them running optimally, you’ll be free to contribute technically as you see fit
- Solve meaningful problems for our customers
- Ability to communicate clearly with all audiences about technical designs and implementations, from engineering to product, sales to customer
- Prior experience as a senior software engineer or tech lead
- A minimum of 2+ years experience leading an engineering team as an Engineering manager
- Strong written and analytical skills
- Strong bias for action, documentation, and education
- Ability to work through ambiguity with open communication and autonomy
- Love of solving problems and building things. Hands in codebase at least part of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another related field, or equivalent work experience
- History of architecting, designing, and developing scalable production applications
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure
- Extensive experience working with APIs and knowledge of HTTP and REST principles
- Experience with relational databases
- Solid understanding of software engineering best practices (code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, etc.)
- Empathy with your coworkers and our customers
Nice to have:
- Recent experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with remote teams working in an asynchronous environment
- Passion for improving team culture and dynamics
- Experience with HIPPA or other data-sensitive environments
What you’ll get from us:
- Opportunity to build a predictable delivery culture within the organization and support in adapting to best practices
- Opportunity to introduce and shape a metrics, data-driven engineering culture
- A strong voice in how we work, defining what “done” and “ready” look like
- Trust in your sense of ownership
- Coworkers you’ll learn from and who are looking to learn from you
If you’re interested in helping define new data-driven medication intelligence products, as well as improving products that are already loved by our customers sounds like an opportunity for you, we would love to talk!
This position is a remote position and open to applicants in the continental United States.
Why Kit Check?
Kit Check’s culture is built on innovation and teamwork. There’s room to grow and opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry—and have fun doing it. We truly believe that where you work and what you do matters. Join us as we revolutionize the hospital pharmacy landscape!
-Time off when you need it – unlimited vacation days!
-Generous insurance coverage
-401k program with a company match
-Employee stock options
-Fun, collaborative culture!
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.