Rstudio (201-500 Employees, 75% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
RStudio creates software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open-source data science toolchain used by millions worldwide, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means. We’re a Certified B Corporation®, which means we’ve written our open-source mission into our corporate charter. Our commercial products, including RStudio Connect, support this work, which helps data scientists manage their work and share the results with others.
To be impactful, data scientists’ results must be accessible. RStudio Connect provides a way to effortlessly share data science analyses and insights across entire organizations in a way that is secure, reproduceable, and scalable. RStudio Connect is a standalone publishing platform used by thousands of enterprise customers around the world.
About the Role
We are seeking a Software Engineer leader to join the RStudio Connect product team.
Specifically, the team that ensures Connect integrates well with the diverse and cloud-centric IT environments our customers operate in. Help us make the product setup and configuration easier, integrate with different IAM protocols, increase observability, and add features to better leverage cloud infrastructure primitives.
Things you’ll own:
- The infrastructure strategy of the product
- High quality and collaborative technical decision making
- Your team’s execution and delivery
- Communication of your team’s goals and progress to stakeholders
Things you’ll help with:
- Influencing what we should build, not just how to build it
- Advocating for our customers
- Cross product architecture and design choices
- Improving common tooling to increase the team’s productivity
- Removing roadblocks and hurdles
Things you’ll teach the team:
- How to better support technical stakeholders running complex cloud-based IT operations
- Best practices for integrating with one or more modern cloud providers
- Software design patterns and matters of design and architecture
Things you’ll learn:
- How data science teams from tiny to huge work and deliver value in their own companies
- Building enterprise-class, systems-oriented software in Go
- Practical data science using R and Python – with the opportunity and resources for mastery
What you bring:
- A genuine interest in the success and growth of the people you work with.
- Significant product development experience.
- Experience working with any of the major cloud providers.
What you don’t need day 1:
Data science experience is not required to join the Connect engineering team. Along the way, we expect that you’ll develop an understanding of the domain. By spending some time with data science tools you will build better products to serve our users. We offer many opportunities to learn and explore the field.
- RStudio is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means our open-source mission is codified into our charter. As a result, our corporate decisions balance the community’s interests, customers, employees, and shareholders. Hear more about why we think this matters here.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to creating a supportive and diverse company.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you, and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique, sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open-source software. As a result, we are profitable, and we plan to be around decades from now.
We offer competitive compensation with extensive human-first, people-focused benefits to prioritize your personal and financial well-being.
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums are covered for employees and their families! Fertility and gender-affirming healthcare is included in all of our plans.
- Supplemental mental health and wellness benefits are available via Ginger even if you don’t opt in to our insurance plans, including Ginger for teen family members.
- RStudio’s gender-neutral paid parental leave policy covers all new parents, including foster and adoptive parents.
- Our 401k matches up to 50% of the maximum employee contribution after six months.
- An annual profit-sharing bonus for employees recognizes our team’s contributions to company performance across the year.
- We are a 100% distributed team. You are also welcome to come into our Seattle or Boston offices.
- Our remote office allowance includes:
- $1000 home office allowance plus an additional $800 for equipment
- Up to $400 monthly reimbursement for coworking space rental
- Our remote office allowance includes:
- We provide a flexible environment with a generous vacation policy that encourages a minimum of four weeks PTO per year plus 13 paid company holidays.
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.