Dell Technologies (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Principal Software Engineer
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics – all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Principal Software Engineer on our Engineering Development team based in Santa Clara, CA, but you can work remotely from anywhere in the contiguous United States. Come join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software basis the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment creating software solutions.
• Design, develop, and test new products as we expand our portfolio into newer market segments.
• Lead and/or participate in the software development lifecycle, which includes research, new development, modification, security, re-engineering and maintenance of software products.
• Review requirements and specifications and design the software to assure product quality; develop and implement plans and tests for product quality or performance assurance.
• Implement solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
• Work in a highly collaborative team using the scrum agile software development methodologies.
• Follow standard engineering/test practices and use judgment within defined practices and procedures.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 8 years of experience in one or more of the following languages: Python, C++, or Java.
- Experience with Golang/Go
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Filesystems background
• Distributed systems
• Experience in Storage domain (SAN/NAS/Virtualization) is a big plus
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.