FutureFit AI (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Come join our Engineering Team!
A growing company of less than 50, you will join an ambitious team of builders — across engineering, growth, product, and data — all focused on using technology to improve the lives and outcomes for people going through career transitions. We bring innovation, creativity, and empathy to our work, and care deeply about the impact our technology can have on our customers and users.
We are looking to hire our first QA Engineer to analyze, develop, design, and maintain test cases for the organization’s products and systems. This role will be a key part of a team helping to coordinate manual and automated testing needs.
How You’ll Fulfill Your Mission
- Design, develop, and maintain manual & automated browser, mobile and API test scripts.
- Ensures proper execution of test procedures and automated test suites and scripts.
- Understand business requirements and come up with a test strategy to do different types of required testing and requirement traceability.
- Work with both the Product Owner and development team to understand QA needs and develop QA Test Plan accordingly.
- Work with team members from QA, DevOps, and Developers for implementation & deployment.
- Establishes strong working relationships with team members and cross-functional teams. Cross BU collaboration and release planning.
- Follow established Agile process and QA best practices, processes, and guidelines for high-quality releases.
- Execute various testing activities such as Acceptance, Regression, System, Functional, Integration, and some level of Performance testing.
- Provides accurate problem identification, root cause analysis, ticket documentation, and resolution.
- Identify dependencies and risks/concerns with testing activities or release schedule. Plan for end-to-end system testing cycles in the physical lab.
- Lead and manage QA related project tasks
Why We Value You
We strongly believe that quality of talent is best measured by motivation, alignment of purpose, skills, depth of experiences, and learning agility. While your past learning and work experiences help us understand who you are, what has shaped you, and what you have been exposed to, we do not use minimum education or years of experience requirements in our job postings.
- Experienced. You have solid experience with manual and automated testing
- Innovative. You stay up-to-date on the latest techniques but always approach the problem-solving process with practical, simple, and proven methods.
- Self-starter. You are motivated to begin working or undertaking a project on your own initiative, without needing to be told or encouraged to do so.
- Collaborative. You understand that the best way to meet and exceed goals is through outstanding teamwork.
- Agile. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and working with competing priorities. You maintain composure and remain positive under pressure.
- Builder. You’re someone who thinks strategically. You’re excited about the opportunity to take the status quo as just a starting point, then implement best practices and continually innovate.
- Detail-Oriented. You are aware that paying attention to small details can have a huge impact on the organization and you take steps to make sure your work is thorough and complete.
- Passionate. You are passionate about using technology to improve the lives and outcomes for people going through career transitions.
Location FutureFit is based in Toronto with staff across Canada and the United States. The role is primarily remote with the ability to work in person from our Toronto hub.
We provide a generous benefits package to all of our team members, including unlimited PTO, health care, technology reimbursement, and flexible schedules.
About FutureFit AI
FutureFit AI believes that the greatest challenge of the Future of Work is facilitating successful career transitions, and our mission is to address that challenge by using AI to transform the education and economic mobility of 100 million people in the next 10 years.
FutureFit AI is a growing, well-funded, company focused on using technology to improve the lives and outcomes for people going through career transitions. We bring innovation, creativity, and empathy to our work, and care deeply about the impact our technology can have on our customers and users.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
© FutureFit AI All rights reserved, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.