Thinkific / Thinktific (201-500 Employees, 294% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Location: Distributed – Canada
Thinkific is a software platform that gives anyone, anywhere the ability to easily create, market, and sell their own online courses. We believe in impactful and innovative work: our team of 400+ Thinkers is building and expanding an incredible product that empowers creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn, grow, and succeed together. Join us to see how we’re building one of the best workplaces in Canadian tech!
We believe every candidate should have a fair, inclusive, and overall great experience when exploring a new role with Thinkific. That starts with outlining our hiring process so you know what to expect every step of the way—click here to learn more: https://thnk.cc/whattoexpect
Do you love being the liaison between customers, technical support, and product teams? Can you articulate technical details through webinars, demonstrations, and blog posts? Do your peers say you have the skills of an account manager and the mindset of a technical architect? Are you excited to find new and creative ways to support our Thinkific customers?
As a Solutions Engineer (SE) at Thinkific, you’ll primarily offer technical solutions to our high-volume, high-growth course creators who are best suited to our mid-market offering, Thinkific Plus. You will be a champion for the Thinkific platform, supporting the Sales team to move opportunities through the various stages of the sales cycle by exploring new use cases, identifying clients’ needs, and enabling our teams and customers to break any technical barriers.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with the Sales team to understand both the pains and the business objectives of our customers, making it simpler and more pleasant to evaluate our product. You’ll be an integral contributor, helping our Sales team vet and close deals from a technical requirements perspective
- Become a technical expert in Thinkific’s robust feature set including the API, webhooks, Single Sign On (SSO), themes, and integrations, as well as our growing apps ecosystem
- Write internal and public Knowledge Base articles in addition to preparing and delivering whitepapers, proofs of concepts, and customized product demos during on-site or virtual client demonstrations
- Review and answer external vendor and assessments such as Requests For Proposals (RFPs)
- Identify opportunities to improve our product offering in both the short-term and the long-term, recommending potential solutions or courses of action and implementing directives to help execute
- Provide mentorship and share your technical experience to help upskill and better equip our Sales and Customer Success teams to handle common technical issues
- Be involved in the testing of new features as they are released, working closely with our Product team to do so
- Communicate with both customers and prospects as our technical software expert to verify compatibility of system requirements with Thinkific, discuss solutions, and share recommendations on implementation methods
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Have 2+ years of experience in a technical consulting or pre-sales solutions engineering role in a SaaS-based organization
- Are comfortable having exploratory conversations with prospective clients to understand their business challenges
- Have an eye for detail and a strong ability to put together information in a clear and easy to follow manner
- Show a clear understanding of the sales process and how to adapt to different buyer processes in order to achieve a technical win
- Are familiar with web APIs, webhooks, and Single Sign On (SSO) concepts
- Exhibit strong problem solving skills—you can easily weave together all the technical pieces to accomplish complex setups and workflows
- Possess experience reviewing and submitting requests for proposals (RFPs)
You might be the person we are looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills, or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Possess excellent presentation skills, with a unique ability to explain technical capabilities in everyday language and deliver compelling presentations
- Have experience with automation tools (e.g. Zapier)
- Have experience working through privacy and security compliance processes
- Are comfortable and proficient in working with a CRM (e.g. Salesforce)
Bonus points if you:
- Come with experience in the education, edtech, or LMS fields
- Have experience with a sales methodology (Challenger, SPIN, Sandler, etc.)
- Extra bonus points if you have some familiarity with a backend programming language (Ruby, Python, PHP, etc) – you may not be a developer, but you’ve done some scripting or hacked together a personal project
What you can expect if you join Thinkific:
- An amazing team of talented, passionate, and kind Thinkers. Together, we’ve built an amazing culture—we’re one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and a Top Small & Medium Employer!
- The chance to build, improve, and innovate on a platform that’s driving positive impact—we already support 50,000+ active creators in over 165 countries.
- A competitive compensation package. This includes your base salary, equity, and an Employee Share Purchase Plan, on top of some great perks.
- Comprehensive benefits starting on Day 1. We have health, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family, plus $3000 for mental health care and a health or personal spending account.
- A flexible work environment—choose to work from home, at our Vancouver HQ, a co-working space, or anywhere there’s wifi for a change of scenery.
- An open vacation policy and flexible work environment. Our team takes a minimum of 4 weeks vacation each year and makes work fit into their lives (not the other way around).
- Career growth. We put an emphasis on your development with our annual Learn and Grow fund, training, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities.
- A home office setup. You’ll be ready to succeed with a company-owned Macbook Pro and a budget to get a desk, chair, or any accessories to help you work comfortably and productively.
- Generous parental leave top-ups for up to 32 weeks, as well as fertility coverage through our group benefits plan.
- A place where you can bring your whole self to work. We know that different perspectives lead to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!