Boston Scientific (501+ Employees, 10% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Valencia, CA, US, 91355
Additional Location(s): US-CA-Valencia
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
This position has the flexibility to sit remote in the U.S.
About the role:
Patient Education Specialist acts as a direct contact for Territory Manager (TM) and TM team, along with physician’s offices and hospitals to educate prospective patients. You will be responsible for maintaining pipeline of candidates, contacting, educating, and progressing patients along their journey to potentially receiving a trial with the local physician, TM and team. You will be accountable for complying with all Regulatory requirements with respect to complaint handling and maintaining the accuracy of the data within BSC business systems. This is a great opportunity to provide patient care in an office-based setting.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Enter in all candidate information received from web site, post cards, local events and physician offices/hospitals into CRM tracking system.
- Contact all patient candidates within acceptable timeframe as determined by management.
- Educate candidates on spinal cord stimulation, pain management, insurance, psychological evaluations, and other requirements needed to get to a trial.
- Responsible for knowing all potential objections to SCS-therapy and respond per training.
- Provide summary reports to TM and local offices on a weekly basis.
- Draft written communication for letters and e-mails to candidates, TM and physician offices as needed.
- Support local TM and physicians with any education events and candidate follow-up as needed.
- Position will require periodic travel to meet with local sales reps, physicians, and customer staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, including special projects.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, IT, Health Science, Business, Nursing, Computer Science, Communications, Psychology, History.
- Knowledge of computer skills Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and organizational skills.
- At least 1-year experience in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Experience in medical device industry
- Biology, medical terminology, medical products or manufacturing
Requisition ID: 532762
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company’s policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Neurology, Medical, Engineer, Law, Computer Science, Healthcare, Engineering, Legal, Technology