OpenSea (51-200 Employees, 664% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
OpenSea is the first and largest peer-to-peer marketplace for cryptogoods (like an eBay for crypto assets), which include collectibles, gaming items, and other virtual goods backed by a blockchain. On OpenSea, anyone can buy or sell these items through a smart contract. The OpenSea team has backgrounds from Stanford, Palantir, and Google, and is funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, and Blockchain Capital.
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #4 ranked top private company.When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.Working closely with Product, Design, Legal, and User Researchers, we’re looking for a Senior Content Designer to craft and drive the evolution OpenSea’s product language. In this role, you would help simplify and communicate the complex ideas and process of our nascent space of DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web3. If you’re excited about the opportunity to build and shape the future of marketplaces to empower creators and collectors, welcome to OpenSea.
What You’ll Do
- Design, write, edit, test and improve content that makes our products easier to use—this includes product flows, interface language, education and help center materials, product names, navigational nomenclature, terminology, taxonomies and other content across OpenSea’s products and experiences
- Drive the evolution of OpenSea’s product language and create documentation to provide guidelines to Product and Design
- Give and solicit feedback from your UX design peers in service of building the best products
- Contribute to projects in ways that enhance the clarity and usability of product experiences
- Identify problems you can help solve and deliver on them
- Edit and contribute to designs, content, and OpenSea’s design system in Figma
- Collaborate daily with peers across disciplines, including Engineering, Design, Research, Marketing, and Legal
- Proven systems thinking, with aptitude for learning our technical systems and the Web3 space
- UX writing and communication experience
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- 4+ years of experience writing and designing content for web or mobile product experiences
- Are adept at simplifying and communicating complex ideas and process (e.g. crypto and NFTs) to broad audiences
- Have a strong portfolio showcasing the successful implementation of content design
- You’re excited about the opportunity to build and shape the future of marketplaces to empower creators and collectors
Nice to Have
- Experience and/or passion for crypto
- Experience in product design and/or visual design