Veho Technologies (201-500 Employees, 993% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Veho is a technology-driven shipping company that enables personalized next-day package delivery, extending partner brand value. Veho brand partners have seen a 20% increase in customer repurchase, 40% increase in customer lifetime value, and 8% rise in net promoter score.
Veho gives package recipients greater insight and control, letting them know when they will receive their package, when drivers are en route, and enables real-time rescheduling, address changes, and personal delivery instructions. Veho's technology matches demand for package delivery with a network of qualified crowdsourced driver partners, ensuring every package is delivered on time and correctly.
The concept for Veho started as a school project while co-founder Itamar Zur attended Harvard Business School. Zur constantly experienced issues receiving packages – from getting the dreaded “we missed you” note, to stolen packages. He set out to fix the problem so many customers and brands face.
Today, Veho’s robust technology platform provides customers and e-commerce brands with an unparalleled shipping experience, an industry record 99.9% average on-time performance for next-day delivery and an average 4.9-star customer rating. With teammates in 30 U.S. states, Veho will be in 50 markets byu202fthe end of 2022.
The Senior Director, Strategic Initiatives will have an immediate and lasting impact on Veho’s success by driving strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and communicating objectives between departments. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in leadership roles that require program management and cross-functional collaboration.
Objectives of this Role:
- Serve as the PMO head for the COO by managing strategic business initiatives from development through to successful execution
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, project management, and initiative implementation
- Review, help design, and execute on improvements to the COO’s organization; help determine process, system, knowledge, and skills gaps and provide recommendations for addressing them
- Improve and create processes to scale the company and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
- Help develop, communicate, and track organizational OKRs and KPIs and how they relate to company wide OKRs and financial plan
- Serve as an extension of the COO, attending meetings and giving guidance directly to multiple departments
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Serve as a liaison between the COO, the COO’s direct reports, and the Executive Leadership Team regarding company objectives & metrics, health and environment, project updates, proposals, and business planning
- Collaborate with the People and Finance Teams on organizational planning, headcount allocation, and hiring
- Help oversee daily operations through collaboration with senior management and department leaders
- Build and develop relationships with teammates within the COO’s organization for increased responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with the COO and other leaders on special projects
- Serve as an operational subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications
- Prior experience managing large cross-functional projects is ideal or proven track record of organizing multiple priorities, strategic initiatives, and directing various teams to successfully achieve desired and measurable outcomes
- Experience working closely with operations and/or logistics teams to develop and improve core business processes
- Experience working in a company that is well known for operational excellence
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal
- Highly analytical and strategic thinker
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment with understanding and appreciation of the level of commitment required
- Advanced expertise in Excel/Google Sheets and Powerpoint/Google Slides
- Fluency in and experience using technology to organize and manage multiple projects (e.g., Monday, Trello, Asana, etc.)
- Agile Scrum Master certification is desirable
- MBA or related degree is desirable
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time. Applicants must be able to understand and effectively communicate orally and in writing with all parties regarding work matters, which are generally conducted in English. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.