Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are seeking an experienced, accomplished, and high-impact ISV alliances leader to join our Ecosystems and Business Development leadership team. Given our aspiration to make event streaming the central nervous system of the modern digital business, a robust cloud partner ecosystem is not only essential to our success but represents an x-factor opportunity as we create this new event-streaming category.
In this role, you will shape and own the overarching strategy and execution for Confluent’s ISV partner ambitions, scale relationships and business value across multiple ISV partners, and engage and align cross-functional leaders at Confluent on prioritization of investments. You will have an impressive track record in (a) building and managing a portfolio of ISV partnerships ranging from technical integrations to large-scale alliances, (b) developing joint business plans, value propositions, campaigns, and GTM strategies, and (c) delivering against aggressive multi-year financial and strategic goals.
- Develop and own the strategy and execution for our ISV alliances
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our technology, business, and ambitions to drive the right mix of ISV partners globally
- Bring leadership and structure to joint strategy and GTM plans with partners, including prioritization of verticals, geos, solutions, metrics, financials, and target accounts
- With the rest of the leadership team, define the multi-year ISV goals and metrics (financial and strategic) and deliver against them
- Create and execute long-term and annual execution plans for each partner to unlock the full potential of growth
- Actively scout and execute on opportunities to triangulate joint GTM opportunities with multiple ISVs as well as with Cloud partners and Systems Integrators to activate ecosystem plays in the market
- Lead the current team and create a roadmap for team development• Foster relationships at all levels at partner organizations to drive success
- Utilize knowledge, relationships, and influence within our partner ecosystem to build the right solutions
- Partner closely with organizations throughout Confluent, including the Sales, Finance, Solution Engineering, Partner Marketing, and Product organizations
- Deliver key metrics and results, and drive alignment with our sales operations, strategy, and deal teams to drive to a measurable and successful outcome
- 10+ years experience in the enterprise infrastructure software industry, with 5+ years of leading ISV alliances, partnership sales, and business development
- Track record of growing an enterprise software business through ISV partnerships
- Highly effective at developing, maintaining, and influencing partner relationships at all levels, especially senior and executive leadership levels
- 5+ years of experience directly leading a partner team
- A ‘doer’ and a player coach, not just a manager. Willing and eager to roll up sleeves and do the heavy lifting, when needed
- Excellent communication and presentation capabilities combined with the ability to clearly articulate complex business proposals and to influence both internal and external stakeholders at executive levels
- Excellent cross-functional leadership and collaboration skills that can quickly bring together Product, Marketing, Sales/Field to execute against partnerships
- Strong market knowledge and ability to create successful growth strategies as well as own and execute on a long-term strategic plan
- Demonstrated success at applying analytical skill to long-term business planning that results in tangible business outcomes
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, high-growth environment while leading the organization through multiple company stages
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.