SoFi (501+ Employees, 52% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
- Overall responsibility for the Student Loans Refinance Business P&L
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual deliverables for the Student Loans Refinance business engaging with key stakeholders across all functions – product, engineering, risk, marketing, pricing operations, capital markets and finance including Govt Relations, regulatory and PR teams
- Balance the risk and reward tradeoffs to optimize the overall outcome for the SOFI member
- Present the state of the business to the CEO and Exec team weekly and update the latest financial calls for earnings
- Continuously manage the prioritization of various initiatives with a focused customer outcome and for the benefit of the overall franchise
- Work with Marketing to drive optimal marketing spend and channel mix
- Ensure appropriate and accurate flow of information across all constituents
- Manage the long-term growth of the business in line with company goals, while meeting short term deliverables
- Participate in business development activities as needed with key stake holders
- Develop and provide regular reporting on business performance/analytics and ensure timely communication in senior level meetings
- Actively engage in shaping the overall SoFi customer strategy for the product that is sync with the overall customer vision and integrating seamlessly with other consumer products
Qualifications and skills desired:
- Minimum of 5 years of Business Management and/or Business Strategy experience in the consumer Lending space; Overall 7-10 years of consumer lending and/or payment business experience
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Technology degree required
- Experience developing consumer financial/lending products and working in the digital lending space is preferable
- Success having worked through economic cycles while managing a consumer Lending / Payment product or a business functional responsibility is desirable
- Must be able to drive timely desired outcomes working collaboratively with various functional stakeholders i.e. take important tactical decisions to move the business forward.
- In-depth understanding of the financials (P&L) dynamics and credit risk vs. revenue trade-offs
- Demonstrated strong focus on customer benefits and convenience when designing new features or programs
- A good blend of demonstrated business, marketing, design and execution skills preferable
- Leverage data and analytics to drive business growth and manage the PNL
- Drive data driven decisions, leveraging business optimization and analytical tools
- Manage operations, staffing and queuing to execute credit and pricing policy
- Prioritize business outcome and initiatives for engineering, product, and design
- Lead and manage business reporting, forecasting, and planning for personal loans in partnership with finance
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, effective on November 1, 2021, U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) to work from any of our offices, travel for business or attend work-related meetings.