Splunk (501+ Employees, 40% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Splunk turns data into doing with the world's first Data-to-Everything Platform.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you enjoy building large scale applications that are powered by huge data sets? Are you passionate about working on products that make a difference for your customers? Do you value working in an environment where you’re empowered to drive and make key technical decisions across a full stack of technologies? If so, a role at Splunk might be a great fit for you.
We are looking for a hands-on engineering manager to lead a Front-end team. As a manager at Splunk, your primary role is to help your team reach its maximum potential through mentorship, staying engaged with our current projects, participating in design and technical decisions, and helping the team build innovative user interfaces for our cloud-based customers.
As a leader in the Security Markets group, you’ll also be deeply involved in roadmap planning, structuring our organization, and collaborating with a large network of software and security professionals. Splunk’s teams are distributed in multiple locations; the right candidate will need to have excellent communication and leadership skills which transcend the geographic divides.
* Partner with cross-functional team members to develop and maintain a well-defined roadmap, while balancing technological excellence.
* Lead technical direction and architecture with frontend developers, designers and backend engineers to implement and deploy sophisticated user interfaces using modern CSS and JS.
* Facilitate coordination of multiple scrum teams to successfully deliver committed feature sets.
* Driving practices in training, development, and efficiencies across multiple feature teams.
* Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
* Build a culture of continuous learning, growth, and sharing of technological insights.
* Educate and advocate for engineering best practices within the UI ecosystem.
* Recruit, mentor, and develop world-class engineers.
* 2+ years of Management experience in Engineering
* 5+ years of product development experience building rich user experiences for scalable products, ideally in web applications
* Proficiency in modern web technologies; React, Angular JS, Backbone, Node.js, Redux,i18n/l10n, a11y, etc.
* Experience with Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS3, LESS, SASS
* Extensive knowledge of web standards and modern browsers, responsive design, and of the full web technology stack
* Experience with REST/JSON APIs
* Experience with Git and CI tools
* Ability to structure and build complex client-side applications
* Demonstrated ability to deliver multiple complex technical projects in an agile environment
* Demonstrated ability to foster a culture of learning, psychological safety, respect for differences and collaboration across all engineering skill levels.
* Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent practical experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.