Otus (51-200 Employees, 6% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About the Company
Otus offers a seamless K-12 learning platform for administrators, teachers, students, and families.
We do this by implementing amazing ideas from awesome people and we need more awesomeness on our team. Are you passionate, collaborative, love to geek out on technology, and want to work for a mission-driven company that is shaping the way teachers, students, and parents of students learn together? If so, we want to hear from you.
Our diverse team consists of talented designers, developers, coaches, and leaders who share a variety of interests. You’ll find musicians, world travelers, beer enthusiasts, nerds, sports fans, and all-around great people who shape our positive culture.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Sr. Full Stack Application Engineer to help bring the best possible software solutions to educators. Help us build out a scalable data pipeline using Kafka and NestJS that integrates with our EdTech partners using the latest OneRoster API. As a senior engineer on our team you will mentor junior team members, shape the design and implement well-tested solutions on which we’ll be rapidly growing our user base of educators, administrators and students.
- Collaborate with engineers, UI/UX designers, product owners and Client Services to build & ship new features and maintain/enhance existing ones
- Become an expert in broad areas of our application, building and extending on top of core services to improve the platform and customer experience
- Develop, ship, and support high quality features in the frontend and backend
- Collaborate with colleagues across teams in identifying and improving processes, product and platform
- 8+ years of development experience
- You have at least 3 projects consisting of an Angular 7+ SPA
- You have at least 2 projects that has seen regular high amounts of traffic (>10K concurrent users)
- You have at least 2 projects consisting of Node.js microservice(s), Typescript is a plus
- You have at least 2 project requiring modeling & querying in an RDMS (MySQL, Postgres)
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest, Jasmine or Mocha.
- You have worked full-time remote, on a distributed/remote team
- You deliver your code to production and address production issues
Nice to Haves
- Experience with ORMs such as Prisma or TypeORM
- Experience with backend frameworks such as Nest, Koa or Sails
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience building solutions hosted in major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience with integrating with 3rd Party APIs
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and employee stock options
- 20 PTO days per year
- 15 paid holidays including your birthday and a day to do something you love to do
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave and great work/life balance
- Our team mostly works remotely from the comfort of their homes (HQ in Chicago)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Professional development/tuition reimbursement
- Work From Home Allowance
- Life Insurance and disability benefits
- 401K with an employer match (up to 4%)
Otus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.