Rakuten Americas (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
This role is a remote eligible role or hybrid if near an office location.
The Senior Specialist, Global Mobility and Immigration will provide subject matter expertise for international and domestic relocation, immigration, taxation and related processes to resolve complex issues and queries in a timely manner for our stakeholders including employees, hiring managers, talent acquisition, HR, payroll, benefits, etc. The successful candidate will partner with stakeholders as well as external service providers, to ensure a highly efficient and smooth experience for transferees, assignees and foreign national new hires. This will include administering both domestic and international moves as well as immigration sponsorship for Raktuen USA Inc. and all of its subsidiaries.
- Manage U.S. immigration lifecycle for all the U.S. new hires and foreign national employees to obtain U.S. work visas and permanent residencies.
- Manage international immigration applications and facilitate information and document collections internally and externally between the Company and service providers.
- Administer international assignments and transfers throughout their lifecycle including: running cost projections, articulating and organizing immigration and relocation procedures, administering an assignment and/or relocation agreement, and coordinating all efforts with internal and external partners to ensure a highly efficient and smooth experience for participants.
- Assist manager in immigration and mobility policy and process analysis projects and lead to identify process, policy and service gaps.
- Respond to high volume of global emails and phone calls to communicate policy, procedures, and resolve immigration, relocation, assignment or tax related questions from stakeholders.
- Work closely with service providers such as tax consultants, external immigration counsel and relocation vendors to ensure timely, high quality services are provided and SLAs are met.
- Conduct and communicate U.S. visa sponsorship assessments in partnership with Talent Acquisition, HR and/or Hiring managers.
- Monitor progress for all U.S. immigration cases in conjunction with external immigration counsel, identify long term sponsorship issues and communicate risk to talent acquisition/hiring manager.
- Coordinate recruitment process for U.S. permanent resident applications, in conjunction with sponsoring manager and external immigration counsel.
- Coordinate posting of LCA notices for timely H-1B filings.
- Assist external immigration counsel with audit/RFE requests from U.S. DOL and USCIS.
- Assist USCIS site visits if necessary.
- Answer process questions for immigration sponsorship and relocation services from internal stakeholders.
- Utilize case tools to track and maintain immigration and relocation files in accordance with audit standards and meet all service level agreements.
- Handle daily administration of mobility related tasks (review of vendor invoices, record keeping, tracking and updating databases etc.).
- Partner with stakeholders to resolve exception requests and escalations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Certification Requirements: GPHR or GMS preferred
- Minimum of 5 years in Global Immigration experience. This must consist of 5 years of corporate immigration experience with NIV [L-1A/B, H-1B, TN, E-3, J-1, O-1, F-1/J-1/L-1 conversion to H-1B] and IV matters [PERM – including Notice and Consider, MM I-140].
- Minimum of 2 years in Global and Domestic Mobility experience administering a relocation program with permanent transfers and assignees. Experience should come from in house corporate setting or immigration firm experience.
- At least 5 years of working in global corporate environment in the field of human resources support immigration and mobility.
- Experience required in corporate immigration U.S. inbound and Global Visas (Japan, UK, Canada, APJ region)], as well as domestic and international relocation.
- Tax experience for managing assignees is highly desired.
- Experience working in a role that requires a high degree of confidentiality.
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork and collaborative skills working in a dynamic and changing multinational organization.
- Experience using Workday as HR system of record is highly desired.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Thomson Reuter Legal Tracker, and Avature.
- Patience working through resolution of issues/escalations from program participants and stakeholders.
- Independent self-starter who can work with minimal direction and manage multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
Five Principles for Success
Rakuten Group has an unswerving commitment to building an egalitarian society by empowering individuals and companies to be successful in business and in life. The Five Principles for Success are designed to keep each of us on track, to ensure we make continuous progress toward our ultimate goals.
Always Improve, Always Advance
There are only two kinds of people in the world:
Best Effort people are satisfied with the status quo; when they fail, they console themselves by saying “I did my best.”
Get Things Done people are absolutely committed to reaching their goals.
With enough determination and effort-by being a Get Things Done person-you can achieve anything.
Rakuten is an organization composed of true professionals.
Real professionals in any field-whether in sports, the arts, science, business or anything else-only reach the top because they have the self-discipline to develop and improve themselves continuously.
Only by consistently working many times harder than our competitors can we consistently win.
Hypothesize → Practice → Validate → Shikumika
Success in business depends on making and executing concrete specific action plans.
Maximize Customer Satisfaction
Rakuten is first and foremost a service company. We’re proud to serve our customers and we ceaselessly seek to improve their experience.
Speed!! Speed!! Speed!!
The internet makes the window of opportunity for every small business. Accomplish in one month what it takes other companies a year to do, because we can only win by being many times faster than our competitors.