Opentrons (201-500 Employees, 466% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
In our highly automated, fast-paced labs, manual pipetting is a thing of the past. We build open source lab robotics, cutting edge diagnostic tests, and the world’s first full-cycle solutions for no-code AI and genome-scale synthetic biology. Our teams are dedicated to working smarter by developing a platform that integrates robotics, software, assay development, and lab operations to supercharge the pace of innovation in life sciences. Through our continuous R&D efforts, we are extending this platform for the detection of diverse human pathogens, providing unprecedented accessibility for clinically actionable information to improve human health.
To be a world-class innovator at the intersection of science and technology, we strive to be a place where diverse teams can come together to do their finest work. Ideally, people who are passionate, collaborative, and who truly want to work together to make a difference. The sky’s the limit when it comes to the positive impacts that our work can have on humanity, and it all starts with nurturing the development of our own employees. We provide excellent benefits, competitive compensation, equity packages, and endless opportunities for growth. If you are looking for your next exciting opportunity, come join us!
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for employees and their families
- Paid Vacation, Parental and Sick Leave
- Generous Stock options
- 401k with 4% company match
- Long-term and short-term Life & Disability insurance
- And much more!
About the Role
The Sr. LIS Admin is responsible for the overall health and daily performance of the Laboratory Information System and other client-facing systems such as client integrations and billing software. You are responsible for meeting current and future business goals by curating and executing an optimization and systems roadmap, and by closely collaborating with leadership across functional teams. You are responsible for oversight of department processes, team workflows and ensuring adherence to change control best-practices.
Most importantly, you put our clients’ experience first as you produce, operate, and maintain our LIS platform and client integrations by ensuring seamless continuity of orders, results, and reports. You will work to move away from vendor dependencies and bring configuration and operational controls in-house.
You are responsible for a complex enterprise application environment that changes rapidly to meet the evolving requirements of a growing enterprise of applications and client demands. This position is challenged with providing reliable, flexible, and cost effective solutions. You will gather requirements to understand the needs of each request to accurately assess configuration, value, and total cost of ownership.
- Maintain a deep working knowledge of current and future capabilities across laboratory applications
- Collaborate with lab leadership and cross-functional leads and staff to ensure lab activities and support are integrated into planning for LIS activities and ensure minimal disruption of operations during LIS maintenance or changes
- Ensure lab teams are trained and equipped appropriately to manage LIS workflows and perform basic troubleshooting; coordinate LIS support needs with the broader Software Support Team
- Ensure all documentation and processes are documented to ensure regulatory compliance with national and state accreditation bodies as well as the College of American Pathologists
- Manage and monitor security of the LIS system to ensure proper functioning and compliance
- Collaborate with vendor system engineers and company IT staff to develop and execute LIS domain strategy, ensuring proper installation and validation of needed packages and domain upgrades
- Establish and monitor company Key Performance Indicators with regard to design, implementation and validation of new client interfaces
- Closely collaborate with operational stakeholders to ensure business needs are met and future projects are properly scoped, resourced and executed
- Maintain vendor relationships and participate in the evaluation, scoping and implementation of new systems or software
- Assist with providing training, technical, and application assistance to users to better utilize the functions available within the LIS
- Other duties as assigned to support the laboratory, product/software or other cross-functional teams
- Regularly liaise with customer success/experience and sales teams to ensure client needs are being met
- Maintain a strong understanding of laboratory technology and its application to achieve clinical and business objectives
- Provide strategic and operational leadership for lifecycle management, including selection, implementation, maintenance, upgrade and enhancement of laboratory systems
- Track outstanding issues and ensure all resolutions are adequate and meet defined Key Performance Indicators
- 5+ years of experience working with Laboratory Information Systems in a clinical diagnostic laboratory setting or equivalent consulting experience in the implementation and management of Laboratory Information Systems. Experience with Cerner PathNet Millennium platform is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of operational workflows for the laboratory and how those workflows apply to lab systems
- Knowledge of common healthcare integration methods and reference lab interfaces
- Knowledge of relevant compliance and regulatory requirements related to Laboratory Information Systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and external vendors, and to utilize social influence and servant leadership to achieve organizational objectives
- Ability to succeed in demanding situations through achieving balance between technical and business interests, accomplishing results through third parties and remaining focused on business objectives while maintaining speed, quality and costs. You thrive under pressure.
- You bring out the best in those around you, providing context, clarity, and a healthy collaborative environment to the teams you work with
Opentrons is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.