CVS Health (501+ Employees, 13% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
CVS Health has an exciting opportunity for an in-house counsel position to join the Litigation Team to assist in advancing the business objectives, interests and image of the company through various litigation activities.
This position will be primarily responsible for:
• Managing complex civil litigation matters and providing legal guidance to CVS Health’s pharmacy benefit manager (PBM), pharmacy, and healthcare benefits subsidiaries, as it relates to litigation affecting the PBM, pharmacy, and healthcare benefits industries, as well as federal and state agency regulatory inquiries and regulatory compliance actions.
• Responsibilities include: determining high-level strategy regarding assigned cases, managing discovery, participating in settlement negotiations, and interviewing and preparing witnesses for testimony.
• Working closely with in-house regulatory counsel and government affairs teams on strategy.
• Managing outside counsel and handling a full case load of litigation matters.
• Traveling as needed for case-specific work like mediations and trials that cannot be handled remotely.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
A minimum of 8 years of litigation, preferably health care litigation experience.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
Experience with government investigations and regulatory work, including state departments of insurance or similar agencies, and/or in-house litigation experience is a plus.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a JD.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand – with heart at its center – our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.