Senior Media Specialist
The Senior Media Specialist is primarily responsible for coordinating the execution of digital and traditional advertising plans and strategies for Weedmaps. Some of these tactics, and responsibilities will include media contract processing, creative trafficking, performance reporting, and budget management across multiple channels. These advertising channels include, but are not limited to paid search, paid social, digital display (remarketing, programmatic, and guaranteed placements), television, radio, print, and outdoor.
As part of this position, it is important that the Media Specialist continues educating himself/herself on digital and traditional media technologies, emerging trends and media platforms, as well as general marketing and advertising strategies. The individual in this role will also need to become familiar with all of our offerings and differentiators as a company both on the B2B and B2C sides of the business and within specific markets.
The impact you’ll make:
- Execute performance campaigns across all digital marketing channels (programmatic, paid social, paid search)
- Maintain and adjust monthly budget distributions and bid parameters to deliver efficient results
- Proactively and effectively optimize media buys across platforms to maximize KPIs
- Continuously monitor, analyze, and A/B test creative to identify opportunities to improve performance
- Setup tracking and traffic creative to platforms and vendors
- Prepare weekly reports on performance and new insights
- Experiment with new and untapped platforms and channels
- Stay up to date on media market trends, new opportunities, and competitive activity
What you’ve accomplished:
- 3+ year of experience with media-buying, planning and research
- Experience in SEM, PPC, and/or digital marketing
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Have a working knowledge of Google PPC, Facebook, and other social media channels
- Proficiency in G suite products (sheets, docs, slides) and/or excel knowledge is a plus
- Exceptional work ethic, high sense of urgency, driven and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively with team members virtually
- Extremely detail-oriented, passionate about data analysis, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Denver, and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!