General Motors (501+ Employees, 25% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Hybrid : This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-4 times per year.
Do you imagine a world of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion? We do. We place our customers at the center of everything we do, and we are creating vehicles that move humanity to that goal. To reach this ambitious goal we need to create a modern vehicle computing platform that is capable to integrate all the advanced features like active safety, driving assistance systems, infotainment, connectivity, and vehicle motion. This new platform shall seamlessly connect in-vehicle computing controls with cloud and edge computing resources. Join the Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) organization today!
We are looking for a high-performing Sr. Software Engineer – ML – Software Defined Vehi who is responsible for leading the development of the state-of-art algorithms for online/offline sensor calibration/alignment that meet ASIL level functional safety. Will involve rapid prototyping, specifying requirements, evaluation of designs, analysis, development, testing of advanced sensing functions as a part of AV and active safety development projects where creativity and initiative are involved as well as a high level of independent judgment. Exercises technical direction over engineering support personnel in development of these systems. Consults with supervisor and peers as required.
- Develop AV and active safety sensing algorithm and software and enables sensing calibration/alignment technologies that will integrate into a targeted vehicle application, which include developing software and use cases
- Work on different sensors such as camera, LiDAR, radar, GNSS/IMU etc.
- Work closely with Research and Development, software developers, validation engineers, HMI engineers, network engineers and suppliers to develop methods / algorithms / tools to support features
- Provide technical leadership on the AV and active safety features to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Support the development of sensing software requirements
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Electric Engineering or other related fields
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software development
- Proficient in Python or C/C++
- Solid knowledge and understanding of at least one of the following domains:
- computer vision: feature extraction/matching, SLAM, SFM, VO/VIO, multi-view geometry
- point cloud: feature extraction, registration
- state estimation: Bayesian modeling, signal process, KF/EFK, factor-graph, nonlinear optimization, statistical sampling
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, Electric Engineering, or other related fields
- 5 years of experience in production algorithm/software development
- Automotive safety critical electronics experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.