Uber (501+ Employees, 24% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About the role:
Partners with stakeholders and leads team efforts to design, develop, and maintain complex user interfaces and features for mobile applications (Android).
About the Team:
Uber is redefining the future of grocery & retail. A company that started by transporting people from place to place, now transports nearly anything a customer could want or need, on-demand. The Grocery Engineering Team is responsible for ensuring that as we move to transport more than just people & restaurant food, our platform evolves to provide a best-in-class experience for customers, earners and brands. Today this team is focused on grocery, but will continue to flex into a longer tail of categories in the future.
- PhD or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field OR 3-years full-time Software Engineering work experience, WHICH INCLUDES 2-years total technical software engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Android development
- Android java, or Android Kotlin
- Note the 2-years total of specialized software engineering experience may have been gained through education and full-time work experience, additional training, coursework, research, or similar (OR some combination of these). The years of specialized experience are not necessarily in addition to the years of Education & full-time work experience indicated.
- Cross-platform (Android and iOS)
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, and depending on the workplace location, Uber either requires* or recommends employees be vaccinated to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]