Braintrust (201-500 Employees, 255% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Braintrust is the first decentralized Web3 talent network that connects skilled, vetted knowledge workers with the world’s leading companies. The community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it, ensuring the network always serves the needs of its users, instead of a centrally-controlled corporation. And because the community of knowledge workers and contributors earns ownership and control of Braintrust through its native BTRST token for their contributions to the network and its growth, new Talent and jobs have participated in the network at record speeds.
Braintrust has over 700,000+ community members, with knowledge workers and project contributors across the world. Braintrust is trusted by hundreds of Fortune 1000 global enterprises including Nestlé, Porsche, Atlassian, Goldman Sachs, and Nike. For more information, visit: www.braintrust.com.
BTRST is available on Coinbase.com and in the Coinbase Android and iOS apps. Coinbase customers can trade, send, receive, or store BTRST in most Coinbase-supported regions. For more information on Braintrust and the BTRST token, read the “Braintrust: The Decentralized Talent Network” whitepaper.
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position – No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $40 – $120 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week – Long Term, 6-month project
Who they are
Our client is a real estate syndication platform that helps syndicators streamline equity raising, automate operations, and reach more investors. It is a marketplace between small syndicators and investors. Our goal is to help everyone achieve financial freedom through real estate investing. We have been growing at 80-100% week over week.
They believe we will be the most dominant real estate syndication software within 2 years. In the last 1.5 years, we built a solid product, achieved product market fit, and we will raise a seed round in 1-2 months (so yes, we will be venture backed). We will be a 1BB+ company one day if we execute correctly.
They are engineering driven (founder was an engineering manager from Silicon Valley), are obsessed with talent density, and want to hire the best engineers possible who are also highly collaborative.
They are also highly entrepreneurial and personal finance minded. We believe that our employees will one day go on to create their own companies, invest in real estate, and want to grow their wealth and achieve financial independence in their own right.
What would you do?
- Tech spec, implement, and productionalize critical features
- Improve operational efficiency such as monitoring, metrics, dashboards
- Help define roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs.
- Technical leader of large projects from idea to efficient execution with high quality and reliability.
- Effectively communicates with the team and other stakeholders to achieve results.
- Actively participates in team technical discussions.
- Designs, builds, or improves a set of team-owned components or services. Executes with high quality and reliability on projects requiring deep understanding of team codebase and technologies.
Our tech stack
- Python / flask on the backend
- React / Redux on the frontend – note you do not need any frontend experience. The role is backend.
- Amazon Aurora postgres for database
- S3 for document storage
- Github for codebase and Heroku for deployment
Who are we looking for?
- For better or worse, we like folks with deep algorithm skills. Yes, those are the people who did TopCoder or LeetCode and that’s fine. Candidates who love solving puzzles.
- We prioritize folks who take the initiative to go out and make something on their own. If candidates had done a side project, please tell us about it.
- They are orthogonal to each other, you either are highly algorithmic or you have a passion for tinkering with projects, you don’t need both.This is a full-time, fully remote role. Ideally, you are located in North America, but we are open to other time zones on a case-by-case basis.
Benefits & Perks
- You own the end to end of a project
- Competitive pay for all, and substantial equity if you are senior
- Learning and development resources
- Flexible work schedule, with an open vacation policy
- A kind, thoughtful team who cares about your well-being. We believe that’s a true statement because most of our team is through a seed pool of employees who then refer their previous tech leads / co-workers to join us.
- Learn about real estate! For example, here is a brown bag with an introduction to real estate investing for techies.