CrowdStrike (501+ Employees, 107% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
#WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to the customer to join us in shaping the future of cybersecurity. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters – one team, one fight.
About the Role:
CrowdStrike is seeking a backend software engineer who wants to grow at scale, is comfortable with being technically stretched, and would like to positively impact our mission to stop breaches. Your experience working with large-scale distributed systems will be applied across a range of services (negotiating TLS, balancing network connections, managing virtual sessions, distributing dynamic content, managing datastreams).
As part of the team, you will have a hand in designing our proprietary Cloud Protocol and work closely with Falcon Sensor teams for each of the platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android). Your details-oriented mindset and performance focus will allow CrowdStrike to scale into the future. Solid experience with large-scale distributed systems, network protocols, performance optimization, open source tools and libraries and multi-tenant architecture is highly desirable but not required.
If you want a job that makes a difference in the world and operates at high-scale, you’ve come to the right place.
What You Will Need:
- Degree in Computer Science (or commensurate experience in data structures/algorithms/distributed systems).
- The ability to scale backend systems – sharding, partitioning, scaling horizontally are second nature to you.
- The ability to troubleshoot and pinpoint system failures across a pipeline of services.
- The desire to ship code and the love of seeing your bits run in production.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges, multi-threading,
concurrency, and parallel processing technologies.
You Will Also Bring:
- Team player skills – we embrace collaborating as a team as much as possible
- A thorough understanding of engineering best practices from appropriate testing
paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative programming
- The skills to meet your commitments on time and produce high quality software that is
unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Ability to brainstorm, define, and build collaboratively with members across multiple
- Experience with shipping high quality software in a cloud environments
- Solid grounding in the technology of at least one cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Solid design and problem solving skills with demonstrated passion for engineering excellence, quality, security and performance
- Strong cross-group collaboration and interpersonal communication skills working with a variety of roles; including engineering, product management, support and sales engineering
Bonus Points Awarded For…
- Industry experience in implementing web servers and load balancers
- Authored and lead successful open source libraries and projects
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging)
- Existing exposure to Go, Scala, AWS, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch…
- Prior experience in the cybersecurity or intelligence fields
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation – generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact [email protected], for further assistance.
CrowdStrike, Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. For applicants in Colorado the salary range is $145,000 – $230,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. The salary range may differ in other states.