Robots and Pencils (51-200 Employees, 17% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Robots and Pencils is a mobile strategy and app development firm known for its top-ranking consumer apps and transformative enterprise apps.
WE EMBRACE A TALENT-LED CULTURE
Our work is driven by our team’s desire to be pioneers.
In 2009, we created Robots & Pencils with the then-contrarian view that mobile would be more transformative than the Internet. Turns out we were right.
Today, our thinking is rooted in the belief that, in the age of unprecedented technology acceleration, maintaining a competitive advantage requires new strategies and a focus on innovation.
Our approach has been to create a company designed to follow the talent, allowing us to amass an unfair share of hyper-skilled people who call Robots & Pencils home. A team of people who not only develop innovative solutions to transform businesses, but also create products that have been previously inconceivable.
What are our core values?
- Strong Work Ethic
- Top Drawer
- Always Learning
Robots & Pencils offers:
We care about Talent. Hard stop.
We do this in many ways, by offering:
- An attractive compensation package
- Excellent benefits Medical, Dental, Vision etc. (this routinely gets reviewed each year for enhancements)
- Paid stat/federal holidays, vacation and sick days
- Flexible paid stat/federal holidays (because we care about what you care about and want to celebrate our culturally diverse team!)
- R&P branded swag
- Parental & adoption leave top up / salary continuance
But we also know a job isn’t just defined by the above, so we pride ourselves in being a company that also offers:
- A #FollowTheTalent mentality — meaning you can be located anywhere in North America and work remotely. (We have 10+ years of experience building virtual working environments #WeKnowWhatWereDoing)
- A dynamic, fast-paced environment where we’re constantly #alwayslearning.
- And lastly, a team that cares about you and wants to drive the talent experience. How do we do this? Over the years we’ve hosted comedian shows, had holiday parties, happy hours, brunches with the CEO, surprise coffee runs for the team, health & wellness events and prizes, trivia nights, surprise dinners for R&P team members and their family and so much more! (And yes, we’ve prioritized a way to do these things in a virtual setting and not just in person – thank you Zoom!)
Who you are:
You love to create and have a strong desire to learn. We’re looking for someone that is technical, has coded and continues to stay current with tech, has broad-base tech experience, spent the last few years in innovation, R&D, start-up, etc.
You’re someone who has an executive presence, and then someone who can take client ideas, understand them, ideate on solutions, put together a few high-level diagrams, get a few developers to mock a prototype, and sell what can be done. You are independent, but you’re also comfortable working in cross-functional teams.
You have excellent communications skills and can share insights and expectations with stakeholders, Clients, team members, and various levels of management.
This is a lead role- you have strong architecture skills, good product vision and user centric development. You must be a full stack developer but strong frontend skills and test automation are needed for the future phases of the project.
- 10+ years of delivering software with preference given to those who have a degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent
- An expert at working within platform governor limits while building apps that still scale to large data and large numbers of users
- Expert in design patterns and methodologies such as factories, handlers, and test driven development
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to share insights and expectations with clients, stakeholders and colleagues, both locally and remotely
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of problems and system components
- RDBMS and solid SQL querying and optimization knowledge and experience
- 9+ years of full stack development in an enterprise environment
- 9+ years experience in web technologies (e.g., HTML5/CSS3 or HTML4/CSS2, DHTML, AJAX, JSON, IIS/Nginx/Apache, Chrome/IE developer tools).
Robots & Pencils aspires to have a workforce that is representative of the diversity of our country and encourages applications from everyone