Amazon (501+ Employees, 130% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Amazon’s Payment Products team is looking for a highly motivated, customer-focused UX designer to drive engaging user experiences and push the limits of what customers expect from a modern credit solutions.
You are a designer with 7+ years of experience working on real products that people use every day. You are an organized self-starter that can deal with ambiguity and are always on the lookout for ways to improve the customer experience. You are an excellent collaborator and have no problem presentingand defendingyour ideas to other designers, product managers, and company leaders. You understand the value of user testing and prototyping, and thrive in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. Above all you are passionate about solving real problems for real people through research, design, and iteration.
You will work with other members of the design and product teams to create experiences that are engaging, useful, and solution oriented. You will use market analysis, customer feedback, data analytics, and usability findings to tailor your designs to the customer in order to best solve their problems. You will be responsible for developing your ideas from concept to completion, presenting them to stakeholders for approval, and working directly with developers to bring them to life.
Key job responsibilities
- Work closely with product owners, software developers, researchers, and other designers to create innovative design solutions that impact millions of users.
- Deliver end-to-end design of medium-to-large-scale projects, using market analysis, site data, customer feedback, user research, and technical constraints/opportunities to inform design decisions.
- Translate complex customer interactions into simple, engaging user-centered solutions.
- Quickly and thoroughly create user flows, wireframes, low-fidelity and high-fidelity design mockups, and interactive prototypes.
- Assess and analyze current site data and user behavior to understand target users deeply by developing and working from user profiles and conducting task analysis, creating user scenarios or user stories, and helping to create and analyze user research.
- Communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Refine, maintain, and enforce current design guidelines and strategies.
- Work on multiple projects concurrently while handling different types of design requests.
- Adeptly handle changing priorities throughout a product life cycle.
- Work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, executives, and other designers in overseeing design throughout the planning and development lifecycle for interfaces to help define best-in-class user experiences.
About the team
We are a rapidly expanding team within Amazon focused on creating the best in class experiences for our customers. We have big ideas, and are willing to take risks in order to realize them. We are small enough to move quickly while enjoying the stability that comes with being an industry leader. We tackle modern, complex problems in innovative ways and create software that improves people’s lives.
- A stellar portfolio of work demonstrating mastery in creating effective user-centered design solutions with measurable results
- Strong communication skills; ability to listen, present, and sell through storyboarding
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and enthusiasm for the hard work required to solve creative challenges preferred
- Ability to create interactive experiences with prototyping software (Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe CS, user testing tools)
- Working knowledge of human centered design principles and practice
- Proven ability to work across a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Strong ability to synthesize feedback and input from business leaders, product management, and engineering
- Proven experience designing for consumer focused FinTech, banking related products and/or industries.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization from peers to senior leadership.
- Strong eye for both visual as well as user-centered solutions that delight customers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.