OpenSea (51-200 Employees, 664% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
OpenSea is the first and largest peer-to-peer marketplace for cryptogoods (like an eBay for crypto assets), which include collectibles, gaming items, and other virtual goods backed by a blockchain. On OpenSea, anyone can buy or sell these items through a smart contract. The OpenSea team has backgrounds from Stanford, Palantir, and Google, and is funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, and Blockchain Capital.
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #4 ranked top private company.When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.In this role, you will be working closely with the Head of Design, Head of Product, and a group of talented engineers. We’re looking for a Senior Visual Designer to help build out our marketplace; continuing to improve the user flows for both our creators and collectors and designing solutions to help our users connect and communicate with each other. If you’re excited to work at a company that is building and shaping the future of marketplaces to empower creators and collectors, welcome to OpenSea.
What You’ll Do
- Create assets for our help center, social platform, blog posts across mediums
- Support Product team with creating visuals and graphics for various product states
- Design swag that would be used for marketing and recruiting events
- Overall, drive the evolution of OpenSea’s look and feel by defining and creating a brand guideline
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- You have a keen eye for detail and craftsmanship, and you have high standards for creating exceptional work
- You are a flexible team player who knows how to work smart with constraints while advocating for excellent design standards every step of the way
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience designing materials and assets for consumer product in an agile, startup-like product development environment
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates strong visual design craftsmanship and core skills across a variety of categories and formats
- Fluency with standard design software (Figma, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote) to create visual design artifacts and presentations
- Agility in creating digital sketches/prototypes from lo-fi to hi-fi to help design thinking process and communicate concepts to team members
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure with careful attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Nice to Have
- Experience and/or passion for crypto