Timescale (51-200 Employees, 274% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Timescale is looking for a React developer to build and maintain our front-end web presence, including our public website, documentation, and blog. In this role, you’ll have complete ownership over our public-facing web properties. You’ll work closely with marketing, design, and product to implement a visually appealing site that exceeds our expectations for web traffic, performance, and conversion.
Timescale is a developer-first company. We believe in fostering a vibrant and diverse community of developers for our products. As such, we also place a high value on teamwork and collaboration. You’ll work in an organization where even the marketing people write code. We love developers and you’ll fit right in if you love developers, too.
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to develop features, implement new pages and maintain our existing web properties
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a variety of devices and browsers
- Build proof of concepts for new ideas that we want to try out
- Contribute to our company-wide React component library and style guide
- Work in a public OSS development environment on GitHub using a git workflow
- Strong self-driven execution, ownership, and delivery
- 4+ years of web development experience
- Advanced knowledge of React
- Experience building and maintaining a component library
- Experience with the JAMStack
- Familiarity with git workflows, CI/CD, deployment process
- Knowledge of SEO factors and technique
- Sensitive to the smallest details of look & feel, user flows, and UI/UX
- Experience in a fast paced start-up environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for developers and nerd culture
- A belief that organizations and industries are best when they are diverse and inclusive, and a commitment to ensuring that everything we do reflects that belief
- Works well independently and remotely
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us .
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets , sweating it out during lunch , talking about your kids, whether they be actual children , potted plants , or four-legged creatures ? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Summer Fridays off in August ☀️
- Full remote work from anywhere
- Stock options
- Monthly WiFi stipend
- Professional development & educational benefits
- Premium insurance options for you and your family (US employees)
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans (US employees)
- 401(k) retirement plan (US employees)