Duo Security (501+ Employees, 6% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Duo Security, now part of Cisco, is the leading multi-factor authentication (MFA) and secure access provider.
Duo + Cisco = Disco
With the Most Loved Company in Security and the global leader in network technology joining forces, there are more exciting opportunities than ever to be at the forefront of securing the cloud.
Our mission is simple: democratize security by making it easy and effective for everyone. We’re transforming security from the ground up by solving the world’s most pressing geopolitical challenge – safe, secure information access.
We engineer our business
to enable our customers to easily address their ever-evolving security challenges.
We believe that impactful work is rewarding work and that our team is at its best when everyone feels empowered to bring their whole self to work.
We learn together by hiring for cultural contribution, not cultural fit, and recognize that diversity in background and thought are essential to building high-impact teams.
We invest in growth and learning opportunities and encourage our people to never stop learning. We foster collaboration and believe in being recognized (and rewarded!) for hard work. We champion a healthy work-life balance.
We’re kinder than necessary.
we build for the future
by designing simple solutions for complex problems. And that’s why we’re the most loved and trusted name in security.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Site Reliability Engineering team, you will develop software and tools to empower Duo’s product development teams to maintain software releases quickly and smoothly. You will collaborate with a wide range of internal partners to engineer automated solutions in an effort to remove toil and enhance stability for a variety of infrastructure, with an emphasis on scalability. You will face challenges that require an engineering attitude and a desire to automate everything possible.
Skills you have….
- Prior experience with automated configuration tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc
- Hands on programming experience
- Ability to focus and plan for work on or beyond a full quarter time horizon
- Ability to plan, design, and own technical solutions with broad or complex requirements using an insightful and strategic approach
- Ability to describe, analyze, and convince others about major technical tradeoffs and decisions
- Ability to work across teams and with other managers to spec out high level designs for platform improvements
- History of writing performant, maintainable, testable code
- You are passionate about automation and reducing toil
- You are committed to quality and experienced with modern software testing practices
- You care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
- You are able to initiate and facilitate meaningful conversations around complex problems
- You can identify and propose strategies around problems or areas of improvement affecting the team, platform, or our customers, and communicate to get agreement on solutions.
- You are able to motivate and empower your team members to achieve a higher level of performance
- You are curious and capable of gathering information and resources for the team to complete work
Even better if….
- Previous Software development experience
- Relational database and/or in memory database Data Access Layer development experience
- Deploying cloud services, monitoring, alerting, and handling partner concerns
- Prior experience with tools like Kubernetes, ElasticSearch, MySQL, Python, AWS, Docker, Kafka, etc
- You have experience supporting a high-availability SaaS environment
- You work well in charting new DevOps practices without a well defined roadmap
Why should you apply….
- You’ve seen the news! Cybersecurity is the biggest issue of our time and you want to make a difference.
- You thrive having the autonomy to operate in a meaningful problem space solving real problems for real people
- You love collaborating with, teaching, and learning from hard-working peers on software projects
This job may not be for you if…
- You only code alone and aren’t willing to mentor and be mentored.
- You lack a real passion for writing high-quality secure software that is backed by an equally mature approach to testing.
- You stress under the ambiguity of a problem and default to others to provide you with the answers.
- Your first instinct is to point out why something can’t be done rather than focusing on what the customer problem is.
- You tire at the thought of a steady, deliberate pace in both a product and company.
- If you’re coming up short in these areas, but think you could still knock it out of the park, convince us why!
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting to you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco’s employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.