Our growing team is looking for an experienced Staff Accountant! You will be an integral member of our Finance & Accounting Team, addressing a variety of accounting activities including accounts payable, supporting monthly close, assisting with year-end audit, and more.
What You’ll Do
- Record cash receipts and disbursements; work with our A/R team to resolve questions and issues around cash receipts
- Work with various business stakeholders to calculate month end expense accruals
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliations (cash, prepaid, fixed assets, accruals, intangibles/goodwill) for multiple entities
- Assist with tax compliance, including annual property tax and other local tax filings and payment
- Assist with year-end schedules for annual audit
- Own our A/P process, including vendor set up, invoice approval, processing, coding, weekly disbursements recommendations and setup
Your First 90 Days
In your First 30 Days, you will be introduced to our GLs. You will begin taking on daily cash entries. You will enter A/P and familiarize yourself with Unanet’s COA and department classifications. You will be introduced to month-end reconciliations.
In your First 60 Days, you will take ownership of daily cash entries and reconciliations. You will drive our recurring A/P workflow, including approval, entry and disbursement. You will grow in your understanding of our month end reconciliations.
In you First 90 Days, you will own month end accrual process for trade payables. You will collaborate with other members of our Finance & Accounting to determine proper COA and department coding for new vendors. You will assist with updating our A/P process and make improvements to our month end close.
Who You Are
- 2+ years of accounting experience, preferably in B2B software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, analytical and detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance
- Intermediate-to-Expert proficiency with Excel, including vlookup and pivots
- Creative and efficiency-minded, with ability to streamline complex business processes and understand segregation of duties/system controls
- We are a Team. Employees, customers, and partners working together.
- We are Customer-Focused. Customers are the heart of everything we do.
- We are Driven. Seeking exceptional outcomes.
- We Own our Success. Every employee has a stake in our company.
- We do the right thing and have fun in the process.
Unanet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws.