We are looking for a diligent Staff Accountant to join our accounting department. The staff accountant’s responsibilities will include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, conducting internal audits, and maintaining accounts payable documentation. The Staff Accountant will also be assisting the Accounting Manager as needed, respond to information requests by management and support all audit requirements.
To be successful as a Staff Accountant, you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). An outstanding Staff Accountant should also possess excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits
- Ensuring GAAP compliance
- Supporting management as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- CPA (pending will also be considered)
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Good problem-solving and time management skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Transition SwagUp from cash to accrual accounting
- Establish appropriate COGS, department cost and company initiative cost attribution
- Satisfy external audit reporting requirements
- Establish and maintain sales tax compliance and reporting
- Reduce time for Monthly Close to 5 business days or less
- Reduce time to conduct budget and planning process to 10 business days or less
SwagUp welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds and perspectives. Our success is directly correlated to our people, and we believe our team should reflect the diversity of the companies we partner with. As an organization, we strive to foster an inclusive, diverse environment where we all work towards a common goal! #tothemoon
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.