Eden Health (201-500 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About Eden Health
Eden Health is a nationally recognized medical practice on a mission to create a world where every person has a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider. Working with employers across the country, Eden Health offers employees 24/7 digital care, same-day in-person primary care, mental health services, physical therapy, and benefits navigation. The Eden Health team is driven by a patient-centric approach, delivering relationship-based collaborative care. With this model, our clients have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs. We are committed to diversity, equity, and integrity, and our teams reflect this. Our hope at Eden Health is to create an environment where each person can do the best and most important work in their careers.
What you will be doing
As a Staff Accountant at Eden Health, you will be working amongst a lean but passionate Finance team that is responsible for the Company’s financial planning, reporting and controls, business strategy, cash management, accounting, auditing, and taxes. This role will require you to be a knowledgeable and resourceful member of the Accounting team who supports the day-to-day while working cross-functionally across the organization as you support key financial processes that continually support and enable all areas of the business and its rapid growth. We are looking for a driven, reliable, and self-starting Staff Accountant who works extremely well with others and wants to be part of the journey of transforming how people experience healthcare and ultimately live healthier lives. This role reports into the Accounting Manager.
What success looks like
- Play an integral role in the day-to-day operations of the Finance function, including accounting, A/R, A/P, cash management, expense management, payroll, and internal controls and recordkeeping
- Perform month-end close activities such as bank reconciliations and journal entries, including payroll allocation, stock based compensation, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, deferred revenue, intercompany transactions, and inventory
- Assist with financial reporting for presentation to internal leadership and external stakeholders
- Support annual financial statement audits performed by an independent public accounting firm, which includes preparation and oversight of audit-ready financial statements and supporting workpapers
- Support revenue growth via new customer onboarding and contract management
- Manage vendor onboarding, invoice approval, and invoice payment processes
- Work with outside CPAs to maintain tax compliance calendar
- Assist in the formation of internal controls and policies
- Encouraged to be on the lookout for broken processes throughout the Finance function and seek to improve continuously by identifying opportunities for standardization, automation, and outsourcing.
- Partake in ad hoc accounting or finance projects and analyses, as assigned
What you will bring:
- 1-3 years of Accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Active CPA license or actively on track to obtain licensure. Please have taken and passed 3 out of 4 exams
- You must have experience doing financial reporting, P & L statements, Month end closing, Bank Reconciliations, and Journal Entries
- Netsuite experience preferred
- Solid foundation of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Thrives on collaboration and operates with a strong internal stakeholder mentality
- Uncanny organizational skills and the ability and drive to solve complex problems every day
- Expert multitasker and self-prioritizer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the proven ability to communicate effectively both within the Finance department and cross-functionally
- Strives for excellence but solves for the bigger picture
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with NetSuite a plus
Why Eden Health?
- Remote first company and culture
- Series C Healthtech startup with a mission-driven team that’s passionate about helping every person have a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and commuter benefits
- Dedicated Culture Committee led by CEO
- Learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- Strong and quickly growing client base of America’s leading employers
While the majority of Eden Health positions are remote-first, we are a company that values building trusted relationships. To achieve this we have programming and events which require us to be in person, including team and company-wide meetings. To ensure everyone’s safety, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID -19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note: Eden Health interview requests and job offers only originate from edenhealth.com email addresses (e.g. [email protected]edenhealth.com). Eden Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Eden Health, please notify us at: [email protected]edenhealth.com.