HealthSherpa (51-200 Employees, 139% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are a very profitable and fast growing healthcare startup — a small and mighty team of 140 helping people find, enroll in and use ACA health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past two years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after Healthcare.gov, having helped over 9 Million people enroll in health coverage. We’re a mission-driven team who advocate for and care deeply about the people we serve.
We are a double bottom line company. Our two bottom lines are revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. Uniquely in our space, we only facilitate enrollment in on-exchange coverage. The ACA brings high quality, comprehensive and affordable health coverage within reach for low income Americans. We exist to make that promise a reality.
We are committed to building a team balanced in representation to best serve the people who use our products. We believe in creating inclusive and equitable spaces, which build trust and respect and foster a sense of belonging. These values are at the core of our culture, and we genuinely believe they will continue to lead our organization to successful outcomes.
About the Role
The Staff Accountant will support the daily accounting requirements including journal entries, reconciliations, bill pay, and collections. Our company is growing and our need for detailed record keeping will continue to grow.
You will report to the VP of Finance. This is a US-based remote-friendly role.
- Prepare billing statements to invoice insurance providers
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes
- Contribute to the review of annual operating budgets and performance projections
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- At least 3 years of accounting-related experience
- Experience with GAAP principles and practices
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and familiarity with accounting software such as Xero, Expensify, Bill.com, Gusto
- Startup experience not required, but you do get bonus points
What we offer
- Remote-first company
- Great compensation package with meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable company, with offers that are competitive to SF Bay Area regardless of your location
- Excellent benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- Monthly grocery stipend and home internet reimbursement
- 401K w/ a match after a grace period
- Employee assistance program
- Parental leave
- 4 weeks paid vacation in addition to paid holidays
We’re building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome and encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.