Hyperproof (51-200 Employees, 271% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Finance Team to contribute to our vision and mission by shaping, building, and managing the accounting and financial reporting function of the company. You’ll be a key player on our small finance team to support the rapidly growing company as business scales. You’ll report to the Sr. Director of Finance.
WHO YOU ARE
You’ll be a strategic partner to our internal business partners and help Hyperproof scale as we continue to grow and lead our company mission to reinvent compliance operations.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU TO DO
- You’ll manage the entire AP process, including company credit card reconciliations, journal entries, renewal accounting, and expense report processing to maximize the efficiency of the payment process.
- You’ll manage the billing queue and coordinate with Sales Ops and customers as needed to ensure customers are billed timely and accurately.
- You’ll perform collection efforts and resolve outstanding invoices from past due accounts.
- You’ll assist with monthly close processes, including completing monthly balance sheet reconciliations including Cash, Prepaid Expenses, Deferred Revenue, Fixed Assets, and Accrued Expenses.
- You’ll maintain assigned accounting activities, conduct research and make correct journal entries in accordance with the monthly close timeline.
- You’ll contribute and share content for team meetings and report on financial metrics.
- You’ll assist in annual financial statement audits and ad hoc projects.
- You’ll ensure accuracy, and quality in all areas of accounting and financial reporting.
- You’ll collaborate with Finance leadership and executive leadership to develop and report on key performance indicators, monthly financial data, and forecasts to drive continuous improvement and performance.
HOW YOU’LL KNOW YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL
- You demonstrate the ability to accurately record financial information on a timely basis.
- You manage and meet deadlines for accounting responsibilities.
- You process employee reimbursements and vendor payments timely.
- You work closely with sales teams to build lasting and respectful relationships.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Three or more years of experience within a similar accounting role.Work cross-functionally with department managers and team members.
- Help to answer questions around vendor activity and clearly articulate with internal and external parties.
- Possess a strong ability to manage multiple projects at once; whether it is daily tasks, monthly close process/reporting, or ad hoc projects.
- Bring and share core knowledge of accounting information systems, i.e. Netsuite, MS Dynamics, Quickbooks, etc.
- You’ll reside within the US. A bachelor’s degree in an applicable field of study.
WHATS OUR TECH
- Netsuite, MS Dynamics, Quickbooks
- Google Suite
- We are a fully remote company! Rather than restrict ourselves to only finding talent in one city, we’d rather find the absolute best people regardless of where they live.
- We value your time and want you to know what to expect from us. For this interview, we expect to ask you to participate in 4 interviews each 30-45mins
WHERE YOU’LL GO
- Individuals in the Staff Accountant role can move on a more linear career path to a Senior Accountant.
- Hyperproof also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and people team to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Base salary and equity compensation
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- 401K which vests immediately, complete with 4% company match
- $1000 home office stipend
- Choose your tech – PC or Mac laptop
- Slack channel notifications turn off after 5 pm based on your time zone
- Annual company in-person events
WHY YOU’LL LOVE HYPERPROOF
It’s an exciting time to be at Hyperproof —we recently raised $16.5 million in our Series A financing, validating our teamwork, growing customer base, and our company mission to reinvent compliance operations.
Enter @Hyperproof, a radical new approach to ensure organizations can effectively discover, track, and meet the web of compliance business and government requirements. We are disrupting the governance, risk, and compliance software space with our innovative products. At the core, we are a team with strong experience building cloud software and a passion for a great user experience, simplicity, and positive social impact.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hyperproof is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace — it’s one of our core values! Hyperproof is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.