Apollo GraphQL (201-500 Employees, 356% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As the first hire on our Data Platform Engineering team, you will play a critical role in applying DataOps methodologies to our data engineering and analytics initiatives. You’ll build, harden and grow our Data Platform to help analysts and engineers provide data insights more quickly, iteratively, and with fewer errors. You’ll enable others on best practices around monitoring, testing, and deployment. You’ll establish the system and processes that allows data analysts, engineers, and scientists to easily collaborate within complex technologies and environments. Your work will ensure that data engineering and analytics initiatives provide value and actually make it to production.
What you'll do:
- Implement continuous integration and delivery of data pipelines
- Create and implement automated test frameworks for testing data quality throughout the data lifecycle
- Design, implement and enhance alerting and monitoring systems for the data stack
- Work with IT to safeguard company confidential data by implementing appropriate security and access controls
- Enable and support the data product team members (analysts, engineers) on the platform
- Architect new solutions to support future state data initiatives (such as streaming data or MLOps)
- Provide operational support to satisfy internal reporting/data requests when necessary
- You like learning and proactively keep up with new data trends and tools through reading blogs, watching videos, taking classes, or something similar
- You’re excited at the opportunity to influence the development of Apollo’s data platform and data culture
- You excel at finding the balance between building a reliable and scalable infrastructure and shipping incrementally and quickly
- You’re familiar with modern data stacks, cloud managed services and cloud data warehouses (GCP a plus)
- You are excited about embracing the startup mindset and collaborating with data users across the company
This position can be done from anywhere in North American time zones.
Apollo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.