Ada (501+ Employees, 361% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We’re Ada, a brand interaction platform that empowers brands to live up to their promises and have more—and more valuable—interactions with the people who love them. Our AI-powered platform has automated over 2.9 billion brand interactions for the world’s fastest growing enterprises, including Zoom, Facebook, and Shopify. In May 2021, we raised Series C funding of $130M by Spark Capital (early investors of Twitter, Slack, Snapchat), and officially became a global unicorn with a $1.2B valuation!
The passion of our people and dedication to their craft continues to drive our dramatic global growth.
Our work is rooted in authenticity, courage, empathy, and simplicity. We use these values to create a culture that encourages groundbreaking results, career progression, and community investment. You can learn more about the founding of our company here.
We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us.
As a Staff Developer on our Machine Learning team, you will be working with Machine Learning Scientists, MLOps Engineers, internal and external stakeholders and product managers to execute Ada’s ML roadmap in order to deliver best-in-class experiences. Your goal will be to work together with the Ada team to create valuable customer interactions for our clients and end-users of our product.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience working in software development
- Profound understanding of distributed cloud systems architecture and relevant technologies
- Comfortable with the web stack (language and framework non-specific)
- Strong understanding of non-relational databases such as MongoDB and in-memory stores such as Redis
- Must have experience using APIs to build distributed cloud applications
- Experience working with ML models is an asset
- Lead back end architectural white-board sessions with the team.
- Execute on our ambitious product roadmap through the implementation of features
- Provide expertise from past experiences to help level up our current development practices
- Review the team’s code, provide insightful feedback, and teach everyone something new
• Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
• Unlimited vacation
• Wellness account
• Extended health coverage
• Dental/optical/travel insurance
• Life insurance
• Employee and family assistance plan
• Flexible work schedule
• Digital first, fully remote with WFH budget
• In-house social worker
• Paid parental leave for Canadian and U.S. residents
• Development opportunities
Ada is a rapidly growing digital first company in a thriving AI ecosystem. We optimize our communication, collaboration, and work ethic for the digital world instead of in-person. We are building the workplace of the future to build the customer experience of the future. With flexible working hours, together we'll determine a schedule that fits your style and the requirements of your role.
We are backed by world-class investors, including Spark, Accel, FirstMark, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Version One. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company.
Ada is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success—it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. Like our platform, we are inclusive to all, and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients and their customers.