Veho Technologies (201-500 Employees, 993% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Veho is a technology-driven shipping company that enables personalized next-day package delivery, extending partner brand value. Veho brand partners have seen a 20% increase in customer repurchase, 40% increase in customer lifetime value, and 8% rise in net promoter score.
Veho gives package recipients greater insight and control, letting them know when they will receive their package, when drivers are en route, and enables real-time rescheduling, address changes, and personal delivery instructions. Veho's technology matches demand for package delivery with a network of qualified crowdsourced driver partners, ensuring every package is delivered on time and correctly.
The concept for Veho started as a school project while co-founder Itamar Zur attended Harvard Business School. Zur constantly experienced issues receiving packages – from getting the dreaded “we missed you” note, to stolen packages. He set out to fix the problem so many customers and brands face.
Today, Veho’s robust technology platform provides customers and e-commerce brands with an unparalleled shipping experience, an industry record 99.9% average on-time performance for next-day delivery and an average 4.9-star customer rating. With teammates in 30 U.S. states, Veho will be in 50 markets byu202fthe end of 2022.
About the role
This role is the first senior hire in the Ground Ops engineering team. You will be part of the founding team that is building the infrastructural foundations optimizing and automating our warehouse operations. The ground ops engineering team partners with our Ground Ops teams and brings together hardware, software, and data to build state of the art warehouse tech. Data and AI is central to our roadmap and you will be critical to its success. In this role, your immediate focus will be to build automation solutions that improve warehouse logistics, automates chain of custody, and helps drive labor efficiency.
- Assembling the platform used by Veho warehouses (ground ops crew, sort crew, and sortation systems that move boxes around in the warehouse).
- Drive and deliver the foundational infrastructure to support the product vision for Ground Ops.
- Applying systems thinking at scale.
- Providing thought leadership on how to prioritize and solve the challenges in warehouse automation.
- Partnering closely with Process Engineering to provide product and engineering support for experimenting and implementing new techniques to warehouse automation and optimization.
- Excelling at mentoring and guiding a fast growing organization by setting the right architectural patterns, partnering and driving build vs buy decisions, partnering with the Process Engineering and Product in driving our Ground Ops engineering strategy.
- Being adept at identifying and pursuing quick wins while prioritizing for the long-term.
- Breaking down large systems so they can be built iteratively while delivering continuous customer value.
- Rolling up your sleeves and getting down to the lowest level of details when appropriate.
- Collaborating with stakeholders, peer leaders, and business leaders across Veho.
Projects You'll be Involved In:
- Scale and stabilize the ground ops engineering mobile app to scan hundreds and thousands of packages a day.
- Scale and stabilize the dynamic sort automation systems.
- Work closely with our data teams to aggregate and extract insight from data to improve warehouse operations.
- Partner closely with our transportation team to optimize truck loads and routes.
- You are an experienced technical leader with a proven track record of delivering impactful results.
- You have a deep technical engineering background in one of more areas of mobile development with React Native or modern cloud architecture.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and have a sufficient understanding of all many parts of mobile development with React Native or modern cloud architecture.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to translate technical concepts into easy to understand language for our stakeholders.
- Excitement for working with a remote team; you value collaborating on problems, asking questions, delivering feedback, and supporting others in their goals whether they are in your vicinity or entire cities apart.
What We Value:
- Human – You value human dignity and treat others with respect. You value everyone as a unique individual no matter their role, seniority, or expertise.
- Ownership – You take 100% responsibility for the areas you are accountable for, and support others to succeed in theirs.
- Team Success – You recognize that the team’s success is your personal success. You support others through open-mindedness and transparency, and actively seek the best solution even if that isn’t your own.
- Candor – You relentlessly pursue personal growth and are open & honest about your own shortcomings. You provide authentic, candid feedback to your peers, and welcome the same in return.
Why You Want to Work with Veho
- Competitive Salary
- Equity in a super fast-growing start-up
- Full Suite of Benefits – Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- Team meetups, and much more!
The starting salary for this role is $176,634. The actual salary is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The pay range is subject to the discretion of the Company.
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people. We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time. Applicants must be able to understand and effectively communicate orally and in writing with all parties regarding work matters, which are generally conducted in English. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.