Podium (501+ Employees, 69% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium’s technology, local businesses are able to simplify the way they build their business and modernize the way they communicate with their customers – from collecting payments, facilitating online reviews, launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on local business and helping them to build thriving businesses has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, inclusive, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride.
The Product Design team is a crucial and strategic organization in the pursuit of delivering high-quality experiences that help local businesses thrive. We're focused on building a diverse team capable of being supportive and encouraging throughout all of the collaboration and feedback present in any healthy design team. Building a strong, supportive, and empathetic Product Design team means we aim to hire the best folks no matter where they live.
Our Design team is looking for a Staff Product Designer to spearhead adding lead and contact management capabilities to Podium. 100k+ local businesses use Podium to interact with their customers via messaging, phone calls, payments, and marketing tools. As a result, Podium has immense context about the relationship between local businesses and their customers. We are using this context to help local businesses win by operating more efficiently and providing end consumers with better experiences.
As a Staff Product Designer, you’ll partner closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to build and ship creative solutions and experiences to customers running small businesses all over the world. You’ll design workflows, interactions, prototypes, and visuals that are thoughtful and practical, leading to a direct impact on Podium, our customers, and their customers.
As a member of the team responsible for crafting solutions for our local business customers, you’ll be joining a highly collaborative and enthusiastic group of designers, engineers, and product leaders. You can expect to be a design owner and critical product team contributor that takes our scheduling solutions from zero-to-one and beyond. Additionally, your involvement will extend beyond stand-alone feature design into experiences and touchpoints across the Podium platform.
What you will do
- Collaboratively define and execute Podium scheduling experiences at the earliest stages of product development through to maturity
- Conceive of innovative new features, ideas, and flows, and pitch those concepts directly to the CPO and members of the executive team
- Engage in a cross functional team that reaches beyond product, design and engineering to include business strategy, analytics, customer support, and marketing.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- Be a leader – Podium is a design-centric company and as a member of the Design Team you will be expected to lead projects and teams
- Be a coach – As an experienced, knowledgeable design leader you will be expected lift up your fellow designers and raise the bar through sharing, coaching and mentoring
- Conduct user research, create test plans and synthesize results to evolve a design concept
- Identify the needs of local businesses and improve on existing features
- Help define the short and long-term roadmap for your product area(s)
- Design beautiful, simple, innovative, and intuitive experiences and flows
- Regularly give and receive feedback on designs and strategic product decisions
- 10+ years experience designing and shipping consumer-grade software—technical background or a familiarity with software engineering a plus!
- Capable of clarifying and simplifying complex information architecture to create approachable, self-service user experiences—familiarity with designing experiences with third-party integrations is also a plus!
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, or other design tool with a portfolio showcasing your work and strong mobile design skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You’ll be expected to clearly communicate design decisions to leadership, the rest of the team, and to engineers
- A good practitioner of UX who is also flexible and adaptable, when needed, in the interest of learning fast
- Strong visual design skills and passion for interaction design
- Ability to prototype interactive experiences
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and act as Product Manager when needed
- You thrive in a sometimes ambiguous work environment where we think, build, learn and can work quickly towards solutions
- You are a creative thinker who has lots of ideas and sees solutions when most would not
- You have passion for building products to help local businesses
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like BIPOC at Podium, Pride at Podium (LGBTQ+), Women at Podium, and much more.
Benefits and perks
- Generous company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited paid time off (generous vacation policy)
- Market competitive total compensation package
- If in Utah, a stellar onsite gym with local professional coaches, morning and night classes offered
- Access to Snowbird lift tickets
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
At Podium, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that will help the local businesses and local communities we support thrive. Podium is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected]